Monday, March 23, 2009

If You Need Links Please Refer to the Sidebar. Thank you.

I'm so glad you could all make it here today (gives Mouse an air kiss)...it's been a long time since we were all....what Sling? Pft...you know where the brown liquor is kept. And Sage, stop bogarting the peanut butter.

Right, I wanted to bring you all together because...Rosie! There's apple sauce cake on the table. (gestures carefully so as to not poke Sfoof in the head)....over there, honey...next to Anne who, it appears, has already started in on the pie. No matter, Buck brought some Frito pie and it's delicious...no, you're right...not fruity and delicious but delicious all the same. Plus MHP made a salad. What? (whispers: Well, sure, it's gonna be a challenge to get this crowd excited about salad right now but it's OK; Iwanski brought ribs).

(returns voice to normal volume) As I was saying, I know you're all eager to hear about my madcap Omahan weekend and see the photos. We'll get to that shortly...Danny, dahling (takes wine from Danny and puts it on the table) Dora, can you scoot down on the couch a little, please? Skootchy skootch...thanks, doll. And could someone please help Bad Alice with that crockpot? Thanks.

Where was I? Right, Omaha. I was in Omaha and it was superfantastic. Beyond superfantastic, actually. It was restorative, rejuvenating and relaxing. It was all good things that start with R and with some other letters, too. But before we get to the regaling portion of our event (peers out window and smiles) we just have to wait for the beer.

Labels: , ,

15 Comments:

Blogger sfoofie opined...

I like your subtitle on your blog. I had fun storming your blog castle and eating all your cake!

March 23, 2009 7:53 PM  
Blogger Sling opined...

Thank you for flying all the way out to Oh-my-ha to restore the balance of nature...
Sfoofie ate all the cake.

March 23, 2009 8:13 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Sfoof...have I told you lately that you are adorable?

Sling, I do what I have to do. And of course she did.

March 23, 2009 9:12 PM  
Blogger Bad Alice opined...

Uh, what did I bring in the crockpot? Was it edible? No one is sick, right?

March 24, 2009 6:14 AM  
Blogger sageweb opined...

Very cool little linky. how exciting. Sfoofie ate the cake Sling drank all the brown liquor, no one seems to mess with my peanut butter...I will be in the corner watching.

March 24, 2009 6:24 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

I don't know, BA, but it was tasty and no one is sick. And if they are, we'll blame in on the beer.

Sage, I told you to stop bogarting the pb. I need some for the chicken satay.

March 24, 2009 6:31 AM  
Blogger Anne opined...

Am I eating the Frito pie or the rhubarb pie right next to it?

Thanks, [smacks lips] yummy.

March 24, 2009 6:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Here's the beer.

What do you mean we're out of ice?

March 24, 2009 8:35 AM  
Blogger rosemary opined...

You are a good friend Lorraine....i love applesauce cake....but not with beer. Do you have any milk? Thank you for bringing him back.

March 24, 2009 11:16 AM  
Blogger Willym opined...

Hope you don't mind - I sneeked in and grabbed spoon of Sage's peanut butter.

March 24, 2009 12:21 PM  
Blogger Doralong opined...

I knew he'd be back. Now where did the wine go please??

March 24, 2009 1:46 PM  
Blogger Anne opined...

I'm having such a lovely time, thanks for getting us all together.

excuse me.

...

I think you need more paper in the loo.

March 25, 2009 6:08 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

(gets more toilet paper from cupboard, surveys the room and smiles with satisfaction)

March 25, 2009 6:36 AM  
Blogger Miss Healthypants opined...

Hey, at least my salad has some delicious expensive-ass froo froo salad dressing...and strawberries...and goat cheese...and slivered almonds...mmmmm...

Yep, my mouth is watering over a pretend salad. Thanks. :)

Also, HELLO?!--I did not know JP had a new blog! Thanks for sharing! :)

March 25, 2009 5:24 PM  
Blogger Iwanski opined...

Baby back, baby back, baby back.

March 25, 2009 8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home