Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Full Moon was Last Week

So someone needs to explain why this week has been so off kilter. Work has been unusually stressful and while there have been situations that would account for some of it, most of it is just ambient weirdness that makes MAB and I look at each other with a "What the H?" sort of expression. Yesterday I was in an elevator going to pick up The Child from her orthodontist appointment and I heard two people talking about how crazy and long this week has been, "And it's only Tuesday". I shared this with the receptionist and doc and they agreed. So it's not just me.

Last night, however, we had a fun, relaxing family time. Dinner was ok...the corned beef was perfect but the cabbage was over-cooked, owing to an incident with the soda bread. But it didn't dampen our festivities. And last night I sleep comparatively well so this morning I woke up feeling more chipper than I have had. Perhaps there was just some sort of lunar remnant dorking up neural pathways and maybe it's dissipated so we can get back to normal.

Either way, tomorrow I take off for my madcap Omahan weekend and let me tell you, I'm ready. 3 days of sleeping in and not having to work or fuss with laundry or remind The Child -again- to get her homework done and hanging out with one of my besties doing silly grown-up besties things...bring it on. Mama is way, way ready.

I just have to remember to go on-line at 11am to get my boarding pass.

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Willym opined...

Well believe it or not its been one of those weeks here to! Things are just not coming together or if they do the pieces aren't fitting properly. Something with time/matter?????

Have a wonderful 3 days in Omaha - enjoy, relax but remember the angels weep if you misbehave!

March 18, 2009 7:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

The angels will be weeping.

March 18, 2009 7:49 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Willym, it's becoming clear that there is a fissure in the space/time continuum. Someone call engineering.

Poodle is funny.

March 18, 2009 8:38 AM  
Blogger sageweb opined...

You are so lucky you get to see the world famous JP! How awesome that should be.

It hasn't been that weird of a week for me..today I get to watch Obama's plane land out my office window. Then I get to watch him take off in Marine 1. little fun things in life.

March 18, 2009 9:16 AM  
Blogger Anne opined...

5 minute warning for that boarding pass!

March 18, 2009 10:55 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Wave to him for me, Sage! And I'll give JP a hug for you.

I got the pass at 11:01am, Anne. Very proud of myself.

March 18, 2009 12:07 PM  
Blogger Doralong opined...

Have a wonderful trip! Take lots of pictures!

March 18, 2009 12:58 PM  
Blogger rosemary opined...

Have fun....I think it is a lunar thing....the weather here has been overly weird and I have had a headache for 3 days. My grandson is at the town hall gathering...wish I was there too.

March 18, 2009 1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Ba Ha Ha Ha

Yay!!! Vacation!!!

About the wierd, maybe springing the clockahead an hour?

Peace

:+}

March 18, 2009 2:22 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

'K, Cuz. I will.

I'm sorry about your headache, Rosie. Get better. Lucky son.

Anonyba, maybe some sort of residual from that...things are certainly markedly improved today so there's that.

March 18, 2009 3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home