Monday, February 16, 2009

A President's Day Note Which Has Nothing Much to Do with President's Day

Once, and it may have been the first time I got a paid 3 day weekend, I was telling JP how excited I was and he was excited for me too until he realized that he was basically paying for my day off. Now whenever I have a holiday he's bitter.

Not really.




Sorta he is.

So at this time I would like to thank all of you who are still gainfully employed and therefore still paying taxes for giving me the day off. Because I really need it. And I promise to use the time productively...which will in this instance include sleeping in ('k, already did that) and some well-deserved lying around not doing anything. I pledge to you, oh tax payer, that by the end of the day I will have recharged my batteries, cleaned up all my cobwebs and spent quality time with The Child that was NOT spent yelling at her. I also solemly vow to you that I will do all this (and all my nothing as well) with a heart full of gratitude toward you, the taxpayers of America, for allowing me this day to rest, reflect, redeem and restore.

God bless America.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Willym opined...

Makes me wish I were an American taxpayer!

February 16, 2009 11:06 AM  
Blogger sageweb opined...

yippee for you..I am working today so I can pay my taxes.

February 16, 2009 11:45 AM  
Blogger Mom opined...

You're welcome.

February 16, 2009 12:20 PM  
Blogger Sling opined...

Now there's a stimulus package earmark I have no quarrel with!..Enjoy your day off kid! :)

February 16, 2009 2:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Pft.

February 16, 2009 3:10 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

As a rule, Willym, we could use another tax payer or two. Part of the stimulus, don'tcha know.

Your taxes, Sage, which then go to me...out of which I pay taxes so that someone can collect unenjoyment...I guess that's how it works, anyway.

You're a very nice mom, Mom.

Thanks, buddy. Next week's unenjoyment check is on me (see above).

JP, you're bitter.

February 16, 2009 6:04 PM  
Blogger rosemary opined...

I'm OK with the paid day off....I got a 5.8% SS raise...hot damn!

February 17, 2009 11:43 AM  
Blogger Miss Healthypants opined...

And I hope you enjoyed it!! *smiles*

February 17, 2009 8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home