Monday, January 19, 2009

The Wait, She is Over

Today brings the convergence of two happy events.

First, MAB will be back in the office. This will be beyond superfantastic because just between you and me, I can run the House by myself but I do not want to! Every day just piled on a little more care and weary and there are some monster bags under my eyes now. I will be very, very happy to share the load again. Not to mention, she is hysterical and the mirth factor has decreased by 63% in her absence.


Secondly, of course, within a few short hours both MAB and I (and all our fellow G-men and women) will have a new boss, whose delightful visage will hang in all the lobbies and shine down so handsomely upon us.


And I. Can't. Wait.

There is NOTHING so beautiful to me as this ordered, peaceful transfer of power. And pretty much anywhere in the world that power is transferred peacefully it is because we showed the way. This is one of the great achievements of American democracy, if you ask me, and it is a beautiful thing no matter who is taking the reins.

(The fact that this time it happens to be my guy is just icing on the cake).

The day will conclude when we come together with The Neighbor to enjoy chili and sweet potato pie (two things the new President enjoys...although last night I had a dream that there was a smoked sausage craze sweeping the nation owing to the President's love of same and I woke up in a smidge of a panic because we are fresh out of sausage). We will also have champang-ya. And watch recaps of the day's events.

Meanwhile, I'm going to get into the office early because a) MAB doesn't have her key and 2) I want to start watching coverage on our little office TV until the moment comes to watch the swearing-in on the Jumbotron. This really should be a freaking federal holiday.

Happy joy, my friends, happy joy. May the superfantasticness of your day be exceeded only by the fizziness of your champang-ya.

Labels: , , , , , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Anne opined...

hip-hip hooray!
hip-hip hooray!
hip-hip hooray!

I'm on my way to pick up The Girl so we'll be home in time watch the festivities...

cheers!

January 20, 2009 7:23 AM  
Blogger Br. Jonathan opined...

"Mirth factor"
Love it!

January 20, 2009 7:38 AM  
Blogger sageweb opined...

I am dancing with joy.

January 20, 2009 8:39 AM  
Blogger Anne opined...

Rainy, here's a tissue.

January 20, 2009 9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Ba Ha Ha Ha

Yay!!! Yes we did!!!

Peace

:+}

January 20, 2009 10:07 AM  
Blogger Miss Healthypants opined...

Happy happy, joy joy! Happy happy, joy joy!!!!!! :) :)

January 20, 2009 12:35 PM  
Blogger Sling opined...

WE.FRAKKING.ROCK!

Our people?..ROCK!
Our system of government?..ROCKS!
Our new President?..TOTALLY ROCKS!!

January 20, 2009 12:41 PM  
Blogger Traveling Matt opined...

The countdown clock reads 0 DAYS
0 Hrs 0 Min 00.0 Sec

AND IT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

January 20, 2009 2:18 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Clinkies, Anne!

Buck, sure ya do.

And eating peanut butter, too, I hope, Sage.

Thanks...needed that, Anne.

Oh, Yes. We. Did!

MHP...did you notice that the dessert for one of the balls was a giant cheesecake from Eli's? Loved. That.

Slingshot...word!

Mon, right? Oh, when those helicopter doors closed and dude was on his way back to Texas...whoo and hoo!

January 20, 2009 9:17 PM  
Blogger Anne opined...

I went out at 9:00 last night to buy the special "extra" inaugural edition of the washington post just for you. I'll mail it out in a couple days. Do you want all the rest of the Post's inaugural pages too?

January 21, 2009 5:37 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

That is very, very thoughtful of you, Anne. I will be delighted with whatever you send and after reading, will place it carefully in my Box 'o 'bama Keepsakes.

January 21, 2009 7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home