Monday, January 12, 2009

Are You Talkin' to Me?

The Spouse bought me one of those Bluetooth thingies that sits in your ear and makes you look like a douche. He says it's so I can talk on the cell phone in the car now that it is illegal to do so when driving unless your device is hands-free.

I hardly ever talk on the phone in the car, even when it was legal.

But it was a nice gesture and it was amusing when yesterday, as we took a little trip out to Costco Home he said, "OK, let's pretend we're talking on the phone to each other the whole time, even though we are right next to each other".



I bought a new sofa. If will be delivered Saturday. Before Sing For Your Supper.



Sandy is very sweet. We're having a nice time with her. She's very appreciative and helpful and she laughs at our jokes. I took her and The Child downtown on Saturday to lunch and shop (I did some damage at H&M thankyouverymuch) and see "Twilight" (my 3rd time...I deserve a medal).



One more full week of work sans MAB. I miss her very, very much. I can do the job by myself. It's just way less fun without her. The hardest part has been not having someone with whom I can diffuse the stress. And there has been stress. It has been of the "I want to help as many people as I can and I don't think I have room to help this person" variety but it's still stress.



I have to remember to go to a meeting this morning that MAB usually attends. I was a little late for it last week because I totally spaced that she wanted me to go. It was, possible, the dullest meeting in all the land. But it's short. And I have a new dress to wear to it so there's always that.

Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

Blogger Willym opined...

And this new dress was part of Saturday's shopping trip?

And a least the Spouse didn't suggest you lie in bed beside each other pretending you're talking to each other on your cell phones - now that would be weird!

January 12, 2009 7:24 AM  
Blogger Anne opined...

Willym, that's called phone sex.

Sorry, I couldn't resist!

I've got a pair of skinny jeans that need to go back to H&M. They fit The Boy but they have a button fly and he can't even navigate a zipper. Well, down, yes, up, no.

I keep telling you you can call me to de-stress, I'm a fed, I can take it.

January 12, 2009 8:52 AM  
Blogger Anne opined...

How does Sandy like Seattle?

January 12, 2009 8:53 AM  
Blogger Anne opined...

Oooh, what color sofa? Pictures, please.

January 12, 2009 8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Yep, showing off new duds can take a bit of the sting out of dull meetings...

Glad that your weekend was good, and that the remaining Week Without MAB goes well--and quickly!

January 12, 2009 10:07 AM  
Blogger sageweb opined...

Ha ha at Willym..

I think those ear bud things are dorky too..but it is a good way of getting out of a conversation with someone you don't like..you touch your ear..and say..I gotta go someone is calling.
DOn't forget to touch your ear..it adds to the drama.

January 12, 2009 10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Lorraine said "douche."

January 12, 2009 10:47 AM  
Blogger Br. Jonathan opined...

JP, I was thinking the same thing.

January 12, 2009 12:02 PM  
Blogger Miss Healthypants opined...

Yay for the new sofa and for sweet Sandy! *smiles*

January 12, 2009 12:19 PM  
Blogger Sling opined...

I was thinkin' about getting one of those hearing aid thingys,that looklike cell phone thingys so people wouldn't think I was a deaf douche.

January 12, 2009 4:12 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Wills, oh yes. And what Anne said.

Anne, I would TOTALLY call you to destress if I frakking had a minute to do so. It's been In. Sane.

And quite well, thanks.

And I'll post pics as soon as I have it...but it's a grey/black sort of scenario.

Syd, and the amusing thing is that I got into the meeting and the Director of Public Affairs looked at me and said, "Very cute dress, Lorraine". Hee tee hee hee!

And thanks.

Sage, dude, TOTALLY. The whole touching the ear thing is the main point of those douchy things!

Yes, JP. Yes, I did. And I was thinking of you.

And Buck.

Not because you're douches, but because you'd catch that.

MHP, yep and yep. I do love my little Sandy. Truly. She's a dream. And the new couch is pretty awesome, too.

Sling, I SOOOOOO hear that! (Ooh, and I wasn't even meaning to be funny with the "hear that" comment...but us old deaf douches gotta stick together!)

January 12, 2009 9:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Ba Ha Ha Ha (Note no w)

Grats on the meeting. Now how about a picture of the dress?

What about the wierd stuff that tourists don't usually do?

Have you seen the bubblegum wall in the Pike Place Market?

Peace

:+}

January 13, 2009 3:20 PM  
Blogger danny/ink2metal opined...

did you get "buy one, get one free" stuff at h&m? i love when they do that sale!

anywhooo, you're such a supermom! busy with work, phone sexing the husband while driving, feeding and clothing the child + one ~and~ redecorating!?! when does it ever end? ;-}

January 13, 2009 3:23 PM  
Blogger Doralong opined...

Well for crying out loud, you had to take her to H&M, that's a rule of some sort, right??

And yeah, I'm with Wills there..

January 13, 2009 6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home