Friday, January 16, 2009

But I'm Still Not Going to Try Vegemite


This is our last weekend with Sandy. She's quite precious and we have told her that she is welcome to come back any time. Last night she invited us to come for an "Aussie Christmas" sometime. I need to email her parents and tell them how very delightful and helpful and not-at-all-entitled she has been during her visit. She probably gives them holy hell at home but assuming that it is true that how children behave when they are away from you is the genuine test of their character/behavior/etc., then Sandy's Mum and Dad can be very proud.

We'll wrap up our 3 week musical tribute to Australians with this little surprise. Well, it was to moi. Did you know that she could sing? The Abba stuff in "Muriel's Wedding" aside? Well, she does and she has a band with her husband (the drummer) and she has a very, very pretty voice, imho. There's something a little Swing Out Sisterish about this tune and I think it is perfectly acceptable.





Toni Collette and The Finish "Look Up"

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Willym opined...

Vegemite... hmmmmm ugh phew... nope I'm with you on that one.

And is there anything that Toni Collette can't do?

January 16, 2009 8:17 AM  
Blogger sageweb opined...

I love Toni, I didn't know she was australian..did I mis-interpet something?

January 16, 2009 8:34 AM  
Blogger Sling opined...

That was a pleasant surprise!
I've never met an Aussie I didn't like.

January 16, 2009 9:00 AM  
Blogger Anne opined...

Do you think you could put cheese on it to make it taste better? Cheddar, or St. Andre or Stilton maybe?

yeah for manners!

January 16, 2009 10:24 AM  
Blogger Kimberly Ann opined...

I'm surprised about the band. Whodathunkit? My favorite role for her (other than Muriel, of course) is Harriet Smith in Emma.

January 16, 2009 11:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Ba Ha Ha Ha (Note no w)

Yay!!! Three more days till i can breath.

Peace

:+}

January 16, 2009 3:16 PM  
Blogger Doralong opined...

Glad she (and you) enjoyed the experience! Lucky kid landed with stellar examples of the type of Americans we'd LIKE the world to know-

January 17, 2009 5:53 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Willym, right? I haven't seen her dance...perhaps that's the chink in her armor?

Sage, I've come to believe that almost everyone is Australian. Except me. And you. And the people who are French...

Me neither, Sling. Of course, I think I've only met 2 but I sure liked 'em both.

From what I understand, Anne, not even a big shot of brown liquor could mitigate the nasty that is Vegemite. Although that is strictly my inference.

KA, I know. And her husband is a hottie, too! I need to see "Emma" again. That was delightful.

Hang in there, Anonyba!

Thanks, Cuz. I hope we did a good job representin'!

January 17, 2009 8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home