Thursday, November 20, 2008

(Insert Clever Title Here)

I think I'm going to pop into the office a little early today. MAB took a comp day yesterday and I was consequently very busy but didn't finish any of the things I needed to finish because so much of what I do tends to be emergent. My desk looks like downtown Kabul.

My niece, Jane Austen, is engaged. I told her that I am very much looking forward to being her matron of honor, singing "O Promise Me" and performing the ceremony. (I could do that...I'm a Universal Life Minister. Which is kinda like being a notary, without the nifty seal. It's not that big a deal but it could come in handy some day). She is marrying a guy I really, really like and I think it's all pretty superfantastic. (However, thus far the three nieces who have married have chosen guys whose names begin with the letter M and that is getting tedious. Jane's sister is also dating an M. The Child and her remaining girl cousin, Keira Knightly, have been forbidden to even go for coffee with anyone whose name begins with that letter. Really. Come on. It's too precious in the not good way).

Meanwhile, my sister, Martha Stewart, is maneuvering through uncharted waters. Her husband is dying. This has been going on for a few months now and it's been hard to find a way to write about it because, well, party because it sucks so much. Mr. Stewart is a young man...my age if you want to be specific. He's always been crazy fit and healthy. But he has melanoma and the end is near. Frankly, I still don't have much to write because we're all still wrapping our heads around it. Some of you already knew this anyway and you've been praying for them -which, btw, continues to blow Martha away...knowing that people all over the country and the world who they have never met are holding them up is an awesome thing. And she is at peace. She attributes that peace to nothing other than grace because she knows that on her own she'd just be a blubbering mess (her words). But she's not. She's amazing. Anyhoodles, anyone else inclined to offer up thoughts and prayers for my BIL and the fam would be greatly appreciated.

On a happier note, coffee is really delicious and hugging is good.

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Anne opined...

I was just thinking about Mr. Stewart this week, I'm glad you posted even the news never gets better. There are prayers coming from Maryland.

November 20, 2008 7:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

(Sometimes clever titles aren't needed.)

Joy and sorrow, what a balance they provide!

Jane and her beloved M. - gain against loss. And yes, he is a choice addition to the clan.

[If I may, it could be inserted here that Mr. Stewart held his first fresh-born wee grand child and namesake. That too is cause for joy.)

November 20, 2008 8:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Ba Ha Ha Ha (Note no w)

Peace, Love, Harmony and
beautiful Thoughts to you and yours.

Prayers for the sick, hope for the dieing, love for all.

Grats on your niece getting married!!!

Peace

:+}

November 20, 2008 9:09 AM  
Blogger Mom opined...

Sounds like the circle of life continues in your family. I love weddings. Grace and peace in the face of death is an awesome thing. there are more prayers for all coming from Maryland.

November 20, 2008 9:41 AM  
Blogger Kimberly Ann opined...

I love that you call your niece Jane Austen. I'm glad she's found her Mr. Darcy (or insert any other Austen hero here - me, I'm a Colonel Brandon type gal).

My thoughts are with your family now as well.

November 20, 2008 11:04 AM  
Blogger LostInColor opined...

I like what mom said, the circle of life. My thoughts are with you and your family.

November 20, 2008 11:28 AM  
Blogger sageweb opined...

I am happy to hear about Jane and so sorry to hear about the BIL. Having a close friend dealing with the same cancer it is a heartache for me. I will hug my friend extra long to pass on to your BIL.

November 20, 2008 1:24 PM  
Blogger rosemary opined...

Oh my dear Lorraine.....of course my prayers are going your way....Martha and Mr. Stewart's doubled.

November 20, 2008 5:11 PM  
Blogger The Girl from Lokhandwala opined...

My prayers for Mr. and Mrs. Stewart and the family too. And congratulations on your niece's wedding.

November 20, 2008 5:38 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Thank you. All of you. ((hugs))

November 20, 2008 6:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

I am humble knowing we are so lifted in prayer. God's grace and mercy are abundant. I am learning in this journey that it isn't about my Hubbby, or me our my girls, it is about being refined in this sacred fire to be more like Jesus for His glory, and yes, our good. Thank you all for the prayers for one whom you will never meet this side of heaven. Martha

November 21, 2008 8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home