Friday, November 14, 2008

La Di Da Da


This song has been on my mind for the last 2 days. I don't know when it flew through the transom of my mind but it did and then it got all hung up in there and I can't shake it loose. Probably because it's high on the list of Top Ten Catchiest Songs Evah.

As an added bonus my darling Anne loves this band and it's her birthday on Sunday so it seemed a fitting song for the Jukebox.

Here's a picture of Anne, taking pictures at my house, back when she visited in early October. This might not be the most "hi, I'm Anne and I'm darling" photo in the world but it's my favorite of her and here's why: girl is a mad fool with the camera. Seriously, if she wanted to, she could totally be the next Annie Leibowitz. Here's the thing about good photographers...it's not just about having a camera at the ready (which Anne does) but about first seeing something and then capturing that same something through the lens so that others see it, too. Anne can do that. In spades, So catching her in the act of seeing was kinda significant to me. Also, she was wearing this ploofy purple thing in her hair, which is called an "Instant Party" which MAB gave her when she came to our office and which she then proceeded to gamely wear for the rest of the evening. And I thought that was super cute.

Happy Friday. And a happy early birthday, Anne. Love you.


Labels: ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Anne opined...

Oh Thank you, Thank You, Thank you!!!!

Thank you.

Now I'll have to post the pictures of those grapes, huh?

November 14, 2008 8:08 AM  
Blogger Anne opined...

Oh, I also have to confess, the 'instant party' is now clipped to the green nose clip at my desk. I guess I'll have to post that, too.

November 14, 2008 8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Ba Ha Ha Ha (Note no w)

I couldnt get it to work. Oh well. Thanks anyway. Happy birthday Anne. Obama '008 t-shirt?

Peace

:+}

November 14, 2008 8:56 AM  
Blogger Kimberly Ann opined...

Love me some Proclaimers - I'm desperate for a new "Sunshine on Leith" CD, I destroyed mine from use.

Happy Birthday, Anne!

November 14, 2008 8:57 AM  
Blogger LostInColor opined...

Great song! Love it! Happy Birthday purple hair Anne! oh I know you said it wasn't her hair but a purple ploofy, but wouldn't it be fun to have purple hair for a day??? :)

November 14, 2008 9:04 AM  
Blogger Anne opined...

Anon, thanks!

KA, Thanks, email me and I'll burn you a copy! Do you have the "new" one, life with you, too?

Lost, thanks. I'll have to post the picture of where the purple hair is now.

November 14, 2008 9:42 AM  
Blogger Sling opined...

Great picture of anne taking a great picture!
Happy pre-birthday anne. :)
Plus!..I'll be carrying that tune in my head this very day,.which is nice.

November 14, 2008 12:31 PM  
Blogger sageweb opined...

Wonderful song pick..one of my favorites.
You have an artistic eye too...taking a picture of someone taking a picture is pretty artsy.

Happy Bday Anne with an E.

November 14, 2008 3:34 PM  
Blogger Anne opined...

Sling, thanks!

Sage, thanks, and again for noticing the E!

November 14, 2008 4:43 PM  
Blogger MaryRuth opined...

Hey, it's that Abbot Costello guy"
(Bevis and Butthead doing Pop-Up Videos)

November 14, 2008 9:29 PM  
Blogger Miss Healthypants opined...

LOVE this song!!!!

Happy early Birthday, Anne. You sound just lovely. :)

November 15, 2008 2:43 PM  
Blogger AM Kingsfield opined...

Great picture Lorraine! Great song, and great friend.
Happy Birthday Anne!

November 16, 2008 7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home