Wednesday, November 12, 2008

O, Joy!

Today marks the official start of the holiday season.

Sure it does.

Today is the beginning of that most sacred triduum, Iwanskifest. The Box o' Gout will arrive today and we will begin the festal season with the singing of Iwanskifest carols and the indulgence of Chicago dogs. I'm sure all of this will be even more tasty given the added filip of joy that comes from the election of a certain senator from Chicago. It's like 2 celebrations in one.

It bears noting that today is Mr. Iwanski's actual birthday, so it would be very pleasant if you would all go buy him a McRibb sandwich and take it over to wish him well. He's a fine and brilliant man with a heart of gold and that's the sort of person that deserves all the celebratin' you can muster. We love him.

We also really love Chicago dogs, ribs and deep dish pizza. Win/win.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Anne opined...

Sounds like too much fun to be legal.

My birthday's soon, too, yikes!

November 12, 2008 7:16 AM  
Blogger Willym opined...

You are making me so hungry! Chicago ribs from the Fireside on Wells - with a side order of creamed spinach and a baked potato so loaded down that the waiter can hardly carry it.

And many happy returns to Mr. Iwanski.

November 12, 2008 9:07 AM  
Blogger sageweb opined...

Oh I am so hungry right now..I would love a deep dish pizza with a chicago dog please.

November 12, 2008 11:07 AM  
Blogger LostInColor opined...

Another eating pizza blog. I so want pizza now!

November 12, 2008 2:15 PM  
Blogger Iwanski opined...

I am deeply honored and humbled, and I think that Iwanskifest should be renamed Obamafest.

November 12, 2008 6:43 PM  
Blogger Miss Healthypants opined...

Yay, Iwanskifest! *smiles*

November 12, 2008 6:46 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Anne, is there a Taste of DC company?
We can never have too many holidays.

Mmmmm...creamed spinach...

'K, Sage. You want peanut butter on that?

Pizza, Lost, is the food of the gods.

Yeah, Iwanski, but then we'd have to write new carols. I don't see that happenin'.

November 12, 2008 6:55 PM  
Blogger Sling opined...

Man,this year went quick.I remember last year's bountiful Iwanskifest.
I love the holiday season!

November 12, 2008 10:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Ba Ha Ha ha )Note no w)

How about ab OBAMA '08 tshirt?

Yes we can!!!

Peace

:+}

November 12, 2008 10:56 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

I know what you mean, Sling. You just get the strings of beer cans down from the eaves and it's time to put 'em back up again.

Anonyba, I've been sporting my "I'm one of a million" Obama shirt since last week. (Ok, not a work, but in my off time).

November 13, 2008 6:23 AM  
Blogger Iwanski opined...

Thanks for the Carol you left on the answering machine. We laughed our asses off. You guys are so cool.

November 13, 2008 9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home