Monday, October 20, 2008

Well, That Was a Productive Weekend

As if the arrival of Joshua Dale wasn't enough, there were some other pretty awesome things that happened this weekend.

First, I found my cell phone. I was getting ready for church, pulled on a skirt, stuck my hands in the pockets and voila!. Funny thing is, just about every day for the last couple of weeks I've thought to wear that skirt to work and then decided not to. It was like St. Anthony was nudging me toward the answer to my "lost things" prayer.

Anyway, the replacement phone hasn't yet arrived and hopefully it won't be that big a deal to send it back (you know how I am about mailing things).

Then yesterday afternoon The Child and I went to the U district to pick up still more textbooks for her (I swear by all things academic it is always something) and then to the Apple store to see if they could explain why her iPod has died. Except the Apple store is being remodeled. So we went to Johnny Rocket's and ate hamburgers. Then I wanted to go to Barnes and Noble to spend my birthday gift card and what should be parked outside the store but a Humane Society bus? And what should be in one of the windows of that bus but a kitten who looked just like Phoebe? So we went into the bus. In the cubby next to the kitten was another young cat, who immediately put her paw out to The Child. When she bent close to talk to the cat it immediately began to lick her face. Well, sure; she probably still smelled of hamburger but it was the cutest thing ever.

The Child looked at me. The Cat looked at me. The Cat poked her paw out at me and rolled her little head when I stroked her. We tried to call The Spouse (silly us, that man never has his phone on) and the upshot is yeah, we have a new cat. Her name is Kiera. She is about 18 months old. She has topaz eyes and a caramel and vanilla coat. She is beautiful. She hates the dog (and I have the 3 inch scratch on my hand to prove it...that'll teach me to try and break up a fight) and he is a little bewildered but I expect they will eventually make a separate peace.

I'd show you her picture but I can't find the cord for downloading from my camera. I am apparently only allowed one working small electronic device at a time.

Labels: , ,

15 Comments:

Blogger Anne opined...

Found phone!

Happy dance!

yeah!

new kitty

yeah!

Bad closed apple store. The one in Bellevue is quite nice, though, they were nice to me and apologized profusely when they kept me waiting.

October 20, 2008 8:08 AM  
Blogger Anne opined...

Oh, and I hate it when I ignore The Little Voice and it turns out to be right.

October 20, 2008 8:33 AM  
Blogger Willym opined...

St Anthony will do it everytime!

Glad for the phone, super glad for the kitty and what a lovely name.

I-pods do have a bad track record - I've been through 2 now and am debating about a change.

And by the way - of course you are a GREAT aunt and just wait until Joshua is old enough for pie!

October 20, 2008 9:13 AM  
Blogger Sling opined...

I'm pretty sure God wants you to have all of your important phone numbers, and a shiny new phone!..pretty sure.

October 20, 2008 9:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Congrats on the phone-finding, and on the new fur-person, and on the great-nephew! A weekend of happies, indeed...except the Apple store. Silly Apple store.

October 20, 2008 10:34 AM  
Blogger Kimberly Ann opined...

Congrats on the phone and the kitty. If I let my hubby read this blog he's surely say "See, everyone is getting a kitty. Can't we? Pretty please?" It's tough being the heavy.

October 20, 2008 10:35 AM  
Blogger rosemary opined...

Nothing like a cat to make a house a home....dog or not. Yea for finding stuff...

October 20, 2008 11:38 AM  
Blogger Blogger opined...

A new pet? Cool! And well done on finding the phone. Were you able to live without it?

October 20, 2008 12:35 PM  
Blogger sageweb opined...

Oh I can't wait to see pictures of the kitty. The dog and cat will eventually love each other..it just takes time. I am glad you found your cell phone.

October 20, 2008 12:55 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

(taps alongside Anne) Yes, bad Apple store. The U Village one is very nice as well, but that whole not open thing was just stupid. Especially since schlepping to Bellevue wasn't on my list of things to do.

And I know, right?

Willym, I've never really called on the old chap for much but now that I know how he works I may step that up. And thanks you for all the gladness.

Really, Sling? Oh, that reminds me...I gotta call the Credo people...

Syd, silly, silly Apple store. Fortunately, it was the only dim spot in the weekend, and not that big of one to boot.

KA, then do not let him see the blog. Especially do not let him see it once I find my camera download cord thingy and put up a picture of the very pretty kitty...

It's true, Rosie. Something has been missing since December and I'm glad to have it resolved...especially with such a sweet pussums.

DA, yes and no. The first bit wasn't too bad but there were certainly some times when it would have been a good thing to have had. I'm happy it's back, for sure.

Oh, Sage, she's soooooo pretty. I do hope that The Dog and Cat are having scotch and cigars while the house is empty and negotiating a truce.

October 20, 2008 1:17 PM  
Blogger LostInColor opined...

Happy great auntie to you. oh how sweet, a kitty! Kiera is a great name. And you found your phone! Yippee! Now find your cable and post kitty picts!

October 20, 2008 2:10 PM  
Blogger Iwanski opined...

Would you like two more cats? Give me your address and I'll go poke holes in the box so they can breathe during shipping.

October 20, 2008 4:50 PM  
Blogger Miss Healthypants opined...

Yay for finding your lost cell phone AND getting a new kitty! *smiles*

Hey, do you think you can talk to St. Anthony about my missing MP-3 player? Well, maybe now that Iwanski has ordered me a new one, my old one will show up! :)

October 20, 2008 4:51 PM  
Blogger Miss Healthypants opined...

Oh, and Iwanski is SO MEAN.

:)

October 20, 2008 4:51 PM  
Blogger Anne opined...

Have you seen my car key? You might need to call in St Jude on this one, too.

October 20, 2008 5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home