Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Rainey's Pissed

I was never going to vote for John McCain. I knew that, you knew that. The platform of the Republican party just simply does not represent the majority of my beliefs or values. Period. So it was a fait accompli that I'd be voting for the Democrat.

But when the GOP candidate (against the desires of the party leadership) selected John McCain, I breathed a little easier. I liked John McCain. I liked his integrity. I liked his record of bi-partisanship - something that would be essential if he were elected given that he'll certainly have to work with a Democratically controlled Congress. And I was furious in 2000 when Rove-inspired swift boating, from the "religious" right, no less, resulted in his being skewered in Florida.

I don't relate to John McCain but found him far less scary than all the other Republican alternatives.

I'm over that.

It started with Sarah Palin but the last nail went into the coffin this week. It's not just that two desperate candidates are lying and slinging mud for all they are worth. It's all they've got left. Sadly, it's what you'd expect. But they are doing more than slinging mud. They are inciting violence.






Trust me on this, if I were in a rally and the candidate denigrated W and I yelled out "Kill him!" my ass would be in prison faster than you can say "Git Mo". If John McCain had any integrity at all, when that a-hole yelled out "Kill him!", instead of grimacing and going on he would have swung around, demanded the removal of that jerk by law enforcement and then he would have said something like, "Hey, I want to be President in the worst possible way but if you're going to talk like that I don't want your frakking vote". And then, maybe just maybe, if he had any integrity, he'd ratchet down the rhetoric and tell Sarah to do the same thing. When you start whipping up the crowd into a murderous frenzy, you have gone too frakking far.

John McCain should be ashamed of himself. And if, God forbid, anything happens to Barack between now and election day, I personally would endorse both McCain and Palin being held as accessories to the crime.

Don't tell me that John McCain and Sarah Palin aren't responsible for those shouts. They sure as hell are. There is only one response to that sort of language: pure, unadulterated condemnation. The fact that they are letting it slide is outrageous. It's evil. I don't know how they sleep at night.

Labels: , ,

21 Comments:

Blogger LostInColor opined...

It is way too scary how purposely irresponsible they are being. Loved your label.

October 08, 2008 8:25 AM  
Blogger sageweb opined...

You are so right..or correct. If I said that about McPalin I would have been locked up. These two assholes are inciting riots and if Obama were to let anyone at any of his rallies do that they would be freaking out. Oh I am very pissed over this.

October 08, 2008 8:56 AM  
Blogger Sling opined...

Even if you give Mccain and Palin the benefit of the doubt,and assume they just didn't hear those hateful shouts at the time,you have to wonder why they haven't come out against that kind of behavior since.
It's all about the best move these people have.
Making us afraid..

October 08, 2008 9:16 AM  
Blogger Anne opined...

Totally unrelated to your post, I have a picture of The Child on my blog today.

October 08, 2008 9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

If you do nothing to stop or curtail a behavior you condone it..

October 08, 2008 9:28 AM  
Blogger Miss Healthypants opined...

Amen, sistah!

That is horrible.

October 08, 2008 12:30 PM  
Blogger Leah opined...

Wow-that's disgusting!

I'm pissed too-about AIG ....really pissed. super pissed.

October 08, 2008 2:08 PM  
Blogger Traveling Matt opined...

why is it that barack obama has been forced to "condemn" and "renounce" and it is perfectly fine for Mcpalin not to address clear cut outright hate. pardon me, but "i didn't hear it" doesn't work. and if they "didn't hear it" at the time (which of course they did) they sure as hell found out about it and actively chose to do/say nothing.

October 08, 2008 3:07 PM  
Blogger Traveling Matt opined...

denounce...whatevs

October 08, 2008 3:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Ba Ha Ha Ha (Note no w)

Ya. The "right" wing. Sounds like a bunch of gangstas to me. Toss em all in jail.

Oh well. Peace, love, harmony, beautiful thougts are the things that really give us the power to persevere in times of insane ?ate.

I really do try hard not to use the "H" word.

Just a thought from a tree hugger.

Peace

:+}

October 08, 2008 3:19 PM  
Blogger rosemary opined...

Just when I thought it could not get any worse I hear "That One."

October 08, 2008 3:29 PM  
Blogger Greg opined...

If only more people would listen to what you're saying. McCain/Palin scare the heck out of me.

October 08, 2008 5:03 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Scary beyond belief, Lost.

Yeah, Sage, never right...sometimes correct. And oy, can you imagine? If someone yelled like that at an Obama rally...holy hell.

Yep, Sling. The fear card is all the right has to play. Disgusting.

And it's an adorable one, Anne.

Amen, cuz.

MHP, I'm thinking "special place in hell" horrible.

You might be pissed, Leah, but damn. You're lookin' hot!

Mon, you can see on McPain's face that he frakkin' heard it. That was his opportunity to do the right thing. And he didn't. Conclusion? Bastard.

Gangstas is right, Anonyba.

The people I wish would hear me, Greg, are Palin and McCain. You have good reason to be afraid.

October 08, 2008 6:46 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Rosie, no kidding. What the hell?

October 08, 2008 10:36 PM  
Blogger Kimberly Ann opined...

No surprise from the man who laughed when he was asked how the campaign was going to take down "the bitch" (Senator Hillary Clinton, a colleague). This man has absolutely no honor, from the moment he hired the hack that destroyed McCain's own chances in 2000 with all that crap in South Carolina. Who does that? The same desperate guy who puts Caribou Barbie on the ticket, thinking women are too stupid to recognize that she is not Hillary Clinton. Angry? Ya sure, you betcha.

October 09, 2008 9:37 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Darn tootin', KA.

October 09, 2008 10:38 AM  
Blogger Mom opined...

I want to move far away until after the election. It is painful to see how hateful things have gotten. I will be so glad when Nov 5 is here.

October 09, 2008 5:48 PM  
Blogger Iwanski opined...

It is physically painful for me to see John McCain sink to this depth.

What has he become?

October 09, 2008 5:50 PM  
Blogger Doralong opined...

I think the term is instigating, or passive-aggressive. I can't really decide which- either choice implies cowardice, which is totally appropriate.

October 09, 2008 8:08 PM  
Blogger Citymouse opined...

scary scary scary

October 09, 2008 8:45 PM  
Blogger Natasha opined...

Darn tootin' right, it's scary! What has happened to these people? By the by, totally unrelated to the topic, I’d like to invite you to join us at http://www.womenetcetera.com, a website and community for slightly older women who believe in living full lives by embracing transitions and changing with the times. We love making new friends, sharing new experiences and taking charge of our own lives. Join in.

Thanks,

Natasha

October 15, 2008 1:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home