Friday, September 28, 2007

Birthday Treats



Sling couldn't make it to my birthday party but he promised he'd be there in spirits, and by "spirits" I mean, he promised to design a cocktail for the event. And he did. The Neighbor, JP and I had one before the party and until the Chambord runs out, The Neighbor and I will be enjoying one at least once a week. (It's a little much for daily consumption, what with us wanting to keep our trim and youthful figures, but the occasional indulgence is good for the soul).

This is the email he sent me, which was just sweet as can be:

I know that you enjoy "Pink Squirrels",so I wanted to design something along those lines for your birthday,only a little more special.

I wanted it to be seasonal,what with your B-day landing right on the cusp of Fall.
I wanted it to be something that wasn't too expensive...But still,..this is a milestone event!
I wanted it to be festive,AND!...
I wanted it to be named after you.
Two recipes follow...Single serving mixed drink,and blended party style.

****The 'Rainey Day****

Single serve:
In mixing glass with ice;
3/4 oz. Chambord Raspberry Liqueur
1/4 oz. Dark Creme De Cacao
1 oz. Vodka
1 oz. Light Creme (or milk)
Shake and strain into chilled Martini glass
Garnish with Maraschino cherry.

Blended:
Fill mixing cup 3/4 full with ice,..Add;
2 oz. Chambord Raspberry Liqueur
1 oz. Dark Creme De Cacao
2 oz.Vodka
Splash Whipped Cream
Add milk to top of ice and blend until desired consistency.
Serve in Poco Loco (or some such fancy) glass.

Happy Birthday my Dear Friend!!


Isn't he just the sweetest thing, ever? I love having my own personal bartender.

Thanks, Sling. It's a very yummy drink. You're the greatest.

JP loved the Chambord bottle. He said he felt like the pope when he carried it.

It does look like something you'd find in a sacristy.



In a perfect world, we wouldn't do a single thing this weekend. And mostly we won't. But tonight we are attending a movie premiere. (I know...such a glamorous life). It's for a short that was done by The Spouse's buddy Matthew Morris, a little thing called "Sans Vie". It's set in the future, in the French quarter of Seattle. Yeah. We don't have a French quarter. Whatever. It's the future. I guess the French are in charge. JP will hate the future.

The Spouse worked on the film and The Child had a small role as the main character as a young girl. It was her first film so she's very excited to see it.

Labels: , , ,

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Sling rules.

September 28, 2007 9:37 AM  
Blogger TWISI opined...

make sure you tell The Child to freeze on a smile and talk through clinched teeth while on the red carpet, you know how the paparazzi likes to catch our young starlets looking not so fabulous and we don't want that kind of thing for her.

September 28, 2007 9:58 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

He rules and we are his humble servants.

Twisi, I'll also make sure she's wearing panties.

September 28, 2007 11:04 AM  
Blogger TWISI opined...

well of course you will because you are PARENTS.... that is what the others have been missing!

September 28, 2007 11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Hey - I just now got the name of the drink - I'm so stoopid.

xo nayb

September 28, 2007 12:47 PM  
Blogger Br. Jonathan opined...

It took me a while to "get it" - - the name of that drink.
But that is SO cool to have a drink named after you.

September 28, 2007 1:49 PM  
Blogger Citymouse opined...

sling rocks.... mmmmm drinks

September 28, 2007 3:39 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Really, Nayb? I thought we'd established that at the first tasting. Silly rabbit. But Buck is sillier. And rabbitier.

Yes, Mouse. And he rolls.

September 28, 2007 3:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Viva la Sling!

September 28, 2007 3:56 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Via con pollos.

September 28, 2007 3:56 PM  
Blogger Lex Lata opined...

Happy frelling birthday! And all I got you was this little comment . . .

September 28, 2007 5:02 PM  
Blogger Sling opined...

You just made my day.
I'm so happy I could squirt!

September 28, 2007 7:37 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Oh, but Lex, it's such a nice little comment...punctuation and everything. You shouldn't have.

Oh, please don't Sling...I'm so tired of cleaning up after people...

September 28, 2007 8:59 PM  
Blogger Amy opined...

Wow. Look at you! A drink named after you, movie premieres, birthday bashes that last for days! How cool to be you! So glad you had a Mahvelous birthday, Dahling!

And thanks for stopping by and offering up the cake. It sure looked yum! You are just da bomb!

September 29, 2007 1:15 AM  
Blogger Bad Alice opined...

I love Chambord.

September 29, 2007 9:42 AM  
Blogger more cowbell opined...

Leave it to Sling. Impressive.

September 29, 2007 12:22 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

J: I really should feel more glamorous than I do. Must put on the tiara earrings. That'll do the trick.

I'll save you a glass, Bad Alice.

The man knows his stuff, CB.

October 01, 2007 10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home