Saturday, September 22, 2007

JP Est Arrivé

First, the bad news. The Hat isn't coming to my party. She is very, very sick. She is very, very sad. So are we. She will be missed.

(moment of silence)

'K, so having a pretty great time so far, despite the fact that I have a cold which is threatening to turn nasty that caused me, among other things, to sneeze all over the dessert cart last night at dinner. Classy, huh?

JP is here and it is as I thought it would be: it feels totally and completely as if we see each other every day.

I got to the airport about 10 minutes before his flight was to arrive. Got some coffee and stood by the escalators, waiting and watching. Then I decided I'd better 86 the coffee because I knew once I saw him there'd be big hugs and didn't want to scald him the first day in town. I watched and waited and kept thinking my phone was ringing, because he said he'd call me the second the plane hit the tarmac and every time I saw a pair of jean beclad legs on the down escalator I'd think it was him. Until it proved to be some old guy or some young chickypoo. There were people coming up the escalator as well and I'd scan them from time to time. And still no JP.

Then this guy came up behind me and said, "Whatcha lookin' for?"

"A guy".

"Really? What's he look like?"

"He's pretty cute, kinda looks like Bono".

"Oh. Sorry, can't help you there," he replied.

And then the hugs and the squeezes and the kisses and some more hugs just 'cause.

There's more to tell but JP and The Spouse just left for a bit to "run an errand" and The Spouse figured this would be as good a time as any to show JP the nickel tour of downtown. I am therefore going to use this lull to take a nap and see if this contagion can't be held at bay just a little longer. Because even though I will miss The Hat terribly, I am planning on having some serious wang chung fun tonight.

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger rosemary opined...

Damn...you are getting sick? Hat is sick...I have talked to her....Jp is there....I'm not....life just kinda sucks at the moment.

Ahem, the kitten is out of the bag as well....you know....the kitten that waits until it is actually its birthday to open its gift and all????? You have one month then there will be a test.....mark it on your calendar. I expect your phone # to be coming via email and I will call October 20-something and listen.

September 22, 2007 2:01 PM  
Blogger Citymouse opined...

ok brandy for the cold
kiss for jp
kiss for your birthday

September 22, 2007 3:13 PM  
Blogger Sling opined...

Well darn..Sorry to hear that Hat is feeling icky,and that you are not exactly 100% on this special occasion.
But JP is there!..Reason enough to trooper on,and party your collective butts off.
I hope you get lots of cash and jewelry and candy and stuff...I'm laughing in my head at all the fun and funny things that are sure to transpire with you and JP in the same room! :)

September 22, 2007 3:18 PM  
Blogger Br. Jonathan opined...

I loved the airport story. Few things in life are as exciting as seeing you for the first time.
(blush)

September 22, 2007 4:48 PM  
Blogger Blogger opined...

D'you know what? I've nevet met you, I've never spoken to you, I've exchanged only a few emails with you... and even though pretty much all I know about you comes from a blog, when I sat down a few minutes ago to read your latest entry, I was filled with a fuzzy glow of happiness at the thought that you've met up with another member of the Blogger Alumnus.

Sign of our times, or what??

I've also just finished reading Michael Ondaatje's Divisadero and its narrative of people's paths crossing each other in unexpected ways somehow seemed to tie in with JP's arrival at your house.

Have a wonderful, wonderful birthday... AND many, many more to come. Enjoy the company of those around you. And eat well!!

We'll be thinking of you as we tuck into our three-course Bretonne extravangaza.

Cheers!!

September 23, 2007 4:01 AM  
Blogger Red Seven opined...

So sorry to hear about the cold. Drop an "Airborne" into that brandy -- hope the party was grand.

September 23, 2007 7:01 AM  
Blogger booda baby opined...

HAPPPPPPPY BIRTHDAY! HAPPY Union. happy happy happy! Even with the cold, who better to snuggle up with and feel like crap than JP?

September 23, 2007 9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

I do not look like Bono.

September 23, 2007 12:49 PM  
Blogger Renee opined...

Happy, happy Birthday!

September 23, 2007 1:53 PM  
Blogger more cowbell opined...

Happy b'day, hugs to JP -- those sick bugs do come at the most inopportune times. Hope you can squeak out an awesome birthday anyway.

September 24, 2007 10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Craack that whip!!!

Congratulations!!!!

Ba ha ha ha ha

September 25, 2007 10:21 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Thanks, Anon. And btw, The Child LOVED seeing Devo! Thanks for filling in that gap in her musical education.

September 25, 2007 10:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Ohh and by the way grats to hubby "Pookie" as well.

Have rejoined the PSMS again and thier annual show is for the weekend of Oct. 13th and 14th.

That is the local mushroom hunters club. So you may well get a few choice ones hopefully. Anyway I would like to encourage The Child to come with and possably to go on a collection trip soon. Should be a banner year what with all the rain during the summer.

Ba ha ha ha ha

September 25, 2007 10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home