Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Crumbs

It must be fall. I'm in the throes of that seasonal lament: could I please just have a normal day?

There's always the expectation when school starts that things will get back to normal. It's such a myth. The "normal" of which I speak doesn't usually hit until somewhere around early October. I should know that by now.

There hasn't been a normal week all month. First the movie, then last weekend's festivities. I don't begrudge any of it but geez. I'm so ready to not do anything, to not have to run anywhere. But the second school start there came with it the meetings and fundraising and volleyball schedule. Normal? This IS normal.

I'd probably be more ok with it if there weren't still birthday cake crumbs on the dining room table, if the laundry was caught up and if I knew for sure there weren't any end-of-the-month bills to pay without having to look it up.

I need to make grape jelly.

It probably didn't help that I've been sick. I feel better now. A lot better. But at least when I was sick I had an excuse for ignoring the mountain of things that are calling for my attention.

Instead of whining I think I'll make a to do list using my fancy Venetian glass pen. And maybe see if the remnants of birthday cake are edible.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Eric opined...

Yeah the cake is starting to look like something off of Mrs. Haversham's banquet table. Minus the rats of course.

September 26, 2007 11:16 AM  
Blogger rosemary opined...

I am so tired I can barely walk, and I hear a nap singing "When I'm Calling Youhoowhhooo." Reason: kittens that have decided they can actually sleep better with Judge Judy on the TV really loud.

September 26, 2007 1:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Better after only 3 days? That's crap. You need to smoke more.

Although I'm glad The Child is better.

Oh, and my guess is that the cake is still edible. Stuff that good doesn't go bad.

September 26, 2007 2:40 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Thank heaven for the 'no rats' part.

Those bad, bad kitties...they're making Rosie tired. Have some old cake, that should perk you up.

If it's any consolation, Poodle, I'm still coughing delicately into my hankie.

September 26, 2007 2:58 PM  
Blogger Red Seven opined...

Ahhh ... welcome back to LIFE. Who, let's not forget, is a bitch.

(sigh.)

September 26, 2007 4:46 PM  
Blogger Sling opined...

Personally.I prefer to ignore reality when it intrudes on my blissful ignorance...This only works for short periods of time....Still.

September 26, 2007 6:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

SEE?! You totally need a housewife.

September 27, 2007 12:24 AM  
Blogger Blogger opined...

Snap!

I feel exactly the same. We've been back from our holiday for over a month, but we haven't got anywhere near settling into routines yet... and we're going abroad again in just over three weeks!!

I vowed to myself that this year the Christmas cake would be made before September. At this rate, I'll be lucky if I get it done by Christmas Eve.

Still, I keep telling myself that at least we're fit and healthy enough to be doing all these things... like going to London this evening to hear a talk by Michael Ondaatje. I'm so excited!

Hope life calms down for you soon.

September 27, 2007 4:55 AM  
Blogger booda baby opined...

Finally, MY cooking philosophy comes in handy. Birthday cake remnants are always edible. They might need a little liquid to aide the getting down the proper chute, but they are edible. (Actually, that's less philosophy than fact.)

Your birthday and JP-time look perfect. Just perfect.

September 27, 2007 8:56 AM  
Blogger Citymouse opined...

at least you have excuses-- i am just good a procrastination!

September 27, 2007 9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home