Tuesday, September 25, 2007

But Surely There's More?

Well, sure.

For example, JP and I blogged our Top 10 Songs of the 80s from the same computer. That might not mean much to you but it meant a lot to us. And the crickets.



















Also, he had quite a time with The Child, which he wrote about rather sweetly here. She did enjoy messing with him. But it was all out of love. In fact, if I were to choose one word to describe how she feels about Uncle JP it would be "adoration".



















Who else but a devoted uncle would put up with being buried under stuffed animals while watching an "Ugly Betty" marathon?



















Of course, JP gives back as good as he gets. The two of them were quite a pair of pips.



















It already felt like JP was part of the family but no more so than on Sunday. Between colds and late nights and champagne, everyone was moving a little slow. We decided Sunday would be a non sans jammie and that we would lie around and watch movies.

This required JP and me going to the store to get a movie (he was horrified that I hadn't seen "Steel Magnolias" and determined to rectify that) and some snacky food. He dared me to go shopping in my jammies. So I did. Then it was The Spouse's turn to be horrified. Fortunately, no photographic evidence exists.

We had strata, bacon and Bloody Marys back at home and then JP and I settled in with a bag of Cheetos to watch the movie. And I loved it. And cried.

And afterwards when we were quoting it like crazy he said, "There are so many good lines in that movie" and I said, "I think that 90% of everything ever said in any conversation comes from that movie".

There was more lying around and napping (well, I napped...he wanted to but The Child kept him up). Then there was pizza and a movie with the whole family.

JP, despite what he may have led you to believe, is not high maintenance. He didn't expect to be entertained with a non-stop agenda of Very Important Things to Do. He was happy to just hang out, just one of the family.


And that really goes to the heart of what was so great about this weekend. JP has been one of my best friends for over a year. It was very exciting to meet but as soon as we did it was no big deal. I mean, it was a big deal and sometimes I'd look over at him and just get all schoogie about the fact that he was really there but it was no big deal in the sense that it felt perfectly right and normal that he should be there...as if he was always there. Which he would be if he moved to Seattle. Which I think he should.








Here's another picture of me hugging him; 'cause I could.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Crap. Forgot about those blackmail pics of me and the care bears.

Best. Trip. Ever. I'll start saving for next year. By which time you'll have been to Omaha, and then you can impress your friends by saying things like "Wow. Omaha really does suck."

September 25, 2007 1:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Oh, and sorry about turning your kid onto Ugly Betty, because that show will make her bitchy.

Okay, not really sorry about that at all.

September 25, 2007 1:08 PM  
Blogger Red Seven opined...

Holy wow, that's a lot of blog for one day! I just read your three most current entries, but I'm only going to leave one comment because all I really have to say is this:

How. Utterly. Fabulous.

(Oh, and I loved the poofy VOTB skirt.)

September 25, 2007 5:19 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Yay! I got blackmail pics and you didn't! More yay to saying things like "saving for next year".

You're so proud of yourself, aren't you?

Red, uh-huh, VOTB inspired for sure.

September 25, 2007 6:02 PM  
Blogger Sling opined...

Dang girl!..That's some prodigious blogging for one day.
Loved the whole thing!
Thanx for sharing all the fun and food and presents and JP.
PLUS!..The Spouse totally rocks in the gemstone department..but you already knew that. :)

September 25, 2007 6:55 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

You're welcome, Sling. And there won't be bupkis the rest of the week, just to even things out.

Unless I think of something else.

September 25, 2007 7:52 PM  
Blogger rosemary opined...

I am so enjoying this....I hope there is more.

September 25, 2007 8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home