Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Something Silly

Our friends SG & PG came over on Sunday, with their 2 little boys. SG had just bought a new fancy telephoto lens for his camera and The Spouse had just figured out how to do rapid shots on our camera. This was important given that it was Seafair weekend, since the main thing one does if one isn't actually watching the races, is try to take pictures of the Blue Angels as they dive bomb the neighborhood. On standard mode one ends up with many pictures of empty sky and power lines. With the clicky clicky thing working, you get pictures of airplanes. (The proof of this is still in the camera as there are something like 2,412 shots, pretty much all of the same formation. And I'm not the one who's going to download them).

That's the background.

Cut to, PG and I running to the store because she forgot to bring a veggie burger for her 8 year old, who has currently decided he's not doing red meat. (She did remember the chewy rich and sinfully chocolate brownies with two kinds of ice cream. This is why I love her).

We are driving up the street back to the house and the guys are standing on the opposite corner with their cameras, shooting pictures of the approaching car. As I pulled into the driveway they rushed us.

Yes.

They were pretending to be paparazzi.







Thank heaven PG was wearing panties.

Labels: ,

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Only all y'all would have this sort of Monday eve. Your house is so fun.

August 07, 2007 12:07 PM  
Blogger TWISI opined...

When I was 8 I didn't even know what red meat was.... I just knew I didn't want brussel sprouts.

August 07, 2007 1:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown opined...

Wow.... I was doing grocery shopping Monday night. How boring in comparison. You have such a fun Spouse. Mine gets home too late to be fun. :(

August 07, 2007 1:49 PM  
Blogger more cowbell opined...

So, basically you're married to the paparazzi? Nice!

No wonder she was wearing panties. Have her give Brit a call.

August 07, 2007 1:52 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

A laugh a minute, Hat. Except when it's not.

Twisi: a) every time you leave a comment I have an uncanny urge to eat red licorice and 2) I'm so down with the brussels sprouts thing. You were a smart kid.

August 07, 2007 1:54 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Gina: It was Sunday night. (I gave Hat a pass because she's feeling poorly). Monday night we had a table read for our upcoming movie. Same old same old.

Yep, Cowbell. Hopefully selling all those horribly intrusive pictures will pay for The Child's college education.

August 07, 2007 1:56 PM  
Blogger Iwanski opined...

The paparazzi is thwarted again!

August 07, 2007 4:42 PM  
Blogger Iwanski opined...

By the by, I saw a constrcution worker wearing a red construction helmet, and he had union stickers right wehre the koi eyes should be.... it looked exatcly like a koihead.

Did you start a business called KOIHEAD KONSTRUCTION?

August 07, 2007 4:44 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Oh, Iwanski, puleeeeeze tell me that you got a picture of that!

August 07, 2007 4:56 PM  
Blogger Sling opined...

I'm lovin' the last pic of PG warding off the ravennous papparazzi..The truth lorraine,..you guys are used to the media attention aren't you?

August 07, 2007 6:13 PM  
Blogger Iwanski opined...

I did not, but I will be passing the construction site again.

August 07, 2007 6:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Sunday eve, rather. I knew that.

August 07, 2007 7:04 PM  
Blogger Grish opined...

I guess a veggie burger is Soy?Just curious...lol

August 07, 2007 7:47 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Sling...me, too. I see that little series and hear the "schlicht, schlict, schlict" of a rapid fire camera. And, you know, I can hear that because we're so frakking famous.

Mr. Iwanski, (and note, I'm using formal address here) you simply MUST try and snag me a Koihead Konstruction worker picture. Pretty please!

Well, of course you did, dear Hat. Now go take another tablet and lie down.

I do NOT know, Grish. I didn't inquire. Except it look decidedly not meat-like. God bless the vegetarians but meself, that sorta thing is pretty much a non-starter.

August 07, 2007 8:24 PM  
Blogger Pamelamama opined...

I am *so* honored that our visit merited a blog posting! Now I'm really famous!

Thanks for a lovely time, Lorraine dear!

August 07, 2007 9:37 PM  
Blogger Citymouse opined...

i dont have paparazzi taking pictures of me like that (humph)
maybe i need a new hand bag....hhhhhmmmmmmmm

August 08, 2007 4:41 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Pamelamama...most blog worthy afternoon...and yet, out of all the fodder, yes, I chose to start with the paparazzi. Thanks again for coming over, btw!

Mouse: See? Smart girl.

August 08, 2007 6:55 AM  
Blogger Unknown opined...

Sunday - okay, I feel better now. ;) But still, you guys a laugh riot.

August 08, 2007 10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home