Saturday, August 04, 2007

Mmmmm...Smells Fresh!

There. The house is tidy enough, except for the Petite Bebe suite, but only because the sheets are in the dryer. I figure, if an adult has to sleep in the ultimate Tiger Beat bedroom, she at least deserves clean sheets.

The Hat will be arriving any moment. I have yet to bake the applesauce cake or make the honey-lavender ice cream but I figure, she can watch. It's not like we're eating dinner now, right? No, there will be much sitting and drinking wine and laughing before dinner.

I used this new all-purpose cleaner stuff, a brand called Method. It smells like cucumber. It's awesome. Also, my floors are no longer sticky.

Homekeeping tip #37: at least once a month invite someone to sleep over. It's a good motivator.

Have a nice weekend.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Sling opined...

I keep inviting people to sleep over.
They keep refusing..My house is a mess.

August 04, 2007 2:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Story of my life, Sling.

And trust when I suspect that Hat will be sponge-painting her walls purple when she gets home.

August 04, 2007 11:41 PM  
Blogger Lex Lata opined...

I prefer sticky floors. Fewer slip & fall accidents that way.

August 05, 2007 5:37 AM  
Blogger booda baby opined...

Ha! Your tip. It's the ONLY way I can get A. to clean anything but his studio. He swears he can't SEE the various - um - things - we'll just call them things - that need cleaning, so I'm looking for a tip for improved detection of said things. I think he's lying.

I hope he's not waiting for me to make any applesauce cake with honey-lavender ice cream. Jeeeezus. I've seen a few pictures of you and the halo never shows up. Are those things photographable?

August 05, 2007 8:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

OH CRAP! The ice-cream! I totally forgot to taste it before I left this morning. Sigh. Rumor has it that it was entirely too lavendery anyway so...

August 05, 2007 2:16 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Well, Sling...obviously you need more cucumber smelling cleaning products.

JP: I don't know about the purple walls but she totally has a thing for Zac Efron now.

Lex: True, true. And of course, no sooner did I mop the floors than I slopped honey-lavender custard stuff all over them. So the stickiness is well on it's way toward restoration.

Booda: Funny thing about that halo...it has a tendancy to slip down around my ankles. Then it sticks to the floor.

Hat: I KNOW! I'm going to have some now, because I think ingesting perfume before watching "Battlestar" just sounds like a good combo. And since Miss "Ooh, that's too strong" won't be eating any more of it, well, guess that means it's all mine. Bwa to the ha ha.

August 05, 2007 8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home