Friday, August 03, 2007

Drumroll Please

So the other day I was just minding my business, stopping in at assorted porches in the 'hood, when what should I discover but that my friend Horizon, she of the beautiful photographs and chocolate covered blog, had given me a shiny thing for my mantel.
' Strictly speaking, I don't think this blog is anywhere near as creative as some of those I visit regularly. But hey, a prezzie is a prezzie and I do not look a gift or any other sort of horse in the mouth. So thanks, Horizon.

I'm as down with the whole tag thing as the next blogger, but one of the nice things about this particular award is that it didn't come with any "and now pass it on to 412 bloggers" stuff. Which isn't to say that passing on kudos where they are due is not important, 'cause it is but sometimes I feel pressure to quick come up with appropriate recipients and all that. I like to give these things some thought.

In fact, in this case, I'm going to take my time, and dole this puppy out when the spirit moves. Which she is doing just at the moment. For while there are many creative bloggers in my midst, many far more creative than I, today I wish to single out my one, my only, my Poodle and not just because I big puffy ♥ him so.

He gets the Creative Blogger award because of all his little bits, like the ever popular Pop Music 101 or Instant Message Theatre.

Other reasons to give him this award:

3. His wickedly clever take on all things pop cultural.

4. His craftiness with banners, of which I myself have been a recipient.

5. He knows more code than I so can help me with stuff (which he has done. Often).

f. He came up with the idea of making Here's the 80s into a full-blown blog instead of just some little thing I did here on the weekends. Because, and I'm so serious about this, I don't think there is another place on the interwebs that has the scope and depth of 80s music, of all varieties and from multiple continents in one place. Added to which, of course, you get our brilliant analysis and terribly amusing banter. And I never would have thought to do that but he did.

The fact that he's one of my besties of all time, a good friend and a terrific uncle is just, you know, gravy. And while none of that necessarily speaks to his creativity, it does tell you that under all that bitter he's one fine, fine human bean.

And sure, I've got an ulterior motive. What with his work life changing significantly and all, he's made noises about how he won't be able to blog as frequently (to which I have repeatedly said "bah and bosh and pft") and I just want him to know that whether it's every day or a couple times a week, there are plenty of reasons to stop by his blog, which I do first thing every morning.

Love you, Poods.


Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Aw, now I'm crying at work and everybody just thinks it's because I'm having a nervous breakdown. Actually, they're probably right about that part, too.

See you at the Club this weekend?

August 03, 2007 10:43 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Awwwww. Smoochies.

And of course. At least until 2. When The Hat gets here. Which strictly speaking doesn't mean that I won't still be playing videos and she won't still be watching them. I just think it's funny to think that we could actually be in the club together, but for real.

Which reminds me...we are so doing a special edition live from Seattle sort of thing my birthday weekend. How hysterical will that be?

Now go blow your nose.

August 03, 2007 10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Oh he is precisely the person that should get the shiny thing. As are you, m'dear. I CAN'T WAIT TIL TOMORROW!!! Zip zing zowee! (flies around room)

August 03, 2007 11:43 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

I'm very 'cited, too, Hat!

August 03, 2007 12:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown opined...

Couldn't have picked a more deserving fellow myself. In fact, I think I've about said as much in my blog and in comments on his blog over the past couple of days. And you deserve it too, Missy! :)

August 03, 2007 12:22 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

See, JP. Everybody (so far) thinks you're entirely deserving. (And thanks, Gina).

August 03, 2007 3:17 PM  
Blogger Sling opined...

JP is the "Bit-Master Deluxe"!
Yay on The shiny thing. :)

August 03, 2007 4:15 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

He so is, Sling.

August 03, 2007 4:38 PM  
Blogger more cowbell opined...

Congrats to you, girl, you crack my ass up with your creatively sharp wit. Great choice for JP as well. He could use a pickmeup, what with his nervous breakdown and all.

August 04, 2007 12:46 AM  
Blogger Traveling Matt opined...

yup that JP sure knows his way around a keyboard

August 04, 2007 7:30 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Thanks, Cowbell. And yes, we must tend him very carefully and gently and not make any sudden movements as we bring him sustaining cups of chammomile tea.

Monica: he does indeed. He can even blog drunk. And with one hand tied behind his back.

August 04, 2007 7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home