Monday, August 27, 2007

It's Hard to Drink Coffee When You're Doing a Happy Dance

Here' s your hat, Alberto. Don't let the door hit you on your way out.

Thus endeth one of the, no, make that the most horrifying chapter in the history of the US Justice department. Now maybe we can find our way back to those principles upon which this nation were founded.

Rumor has it Michael Chertoff is to be nominated to the position. I think I'd like that. He seems to play clean-up on Bush's sorry-arsed team. He managed to tidy up after Michael "Heckuva Job" Brown sat on his thumbs during the Katrina debacle 2 years ago. I wouldn't mind seeing what he could do with the Justice department. Lord knows he won't be worse than Gonzales and he'll pretty much have an imperative to, if not clean house, at least dust and sweep the foyer.

I mixed a baseball metaphor with a housekeeping one. Sorry.

That's it for now, puppies. Busy day, what with working and babies being born and trying to make sure The Child is working on her book reports while she's here and I'm there. That'll be fun.

Yesterday we went down to Dame Judi and Sean's for a little family soiree. I have pictures and will try to write about that later. Unless something else exciting happens. Like Dick Cheney being indicted or something.

Thanks for stopping by anyway.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Red Seven opined...

This morning, I was driving back from the beach, and heard these joyous tidings via the good, good people at NPR. And all I could think was ... "Wow."

I thought for sure it'd never happen. Someone on the Diane Rehm Show noted that anyone who would be confirmed (even Chertoff) for this job would likely have to agree to a special prosecutor to go after Gonzales. And so ... Dubya is much more likely to either make a recess appointment (which can last throughout the next session of Congress, i.e., the remainder of Bush's presidency) or to simply allow the Solicitor General to serve as Acting Atty. General from here on out.

August 27, 2007 7:44 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Little miracles, my friend, little miracles. Gonzales is out, that's the main thing. And regardless of how the position is filled...whoever takes it on can hardly pick up where Al left off and act like nothing happened. Noses must be kept clean at this point.

August 27, 2007 7:47 AM  
Blogger Seattle Coffee Girl opined...

I soooo almost called you when I saw tne NBC Update this morning...and I also did a happy dance!

August 27, 2007 10:12 AM  
Blogger TWISI opined...

Cheney indicted..... I just want to sit with that for a minute.





AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH, thank you SO much!

August 27, 2007 10:16 AM  
Blogger rosemary opined...

I can hardly wait until November 2008.....

babies and kitties...what a good feeling.

August 27, 2007 10:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

I must confess, I didn't think it would happen. Me = Cynic

But YAY! for babies!

August 27, 2007 11:13 AM  
Blogger Iwanski opined...

Good riddance to the outgoing AG.

The Bush Administration is now only 98% wretched.

August 27, 2007 4:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

I'm in my non-political phase, so not much to comment on. But I wanted to comment anyway, because I feel bad when I don't. So this is my comment, even though I'm not really saying anything.

August 27, 2007 10:25 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

SCG: How in the world did you happy dance with that baby belly?

Twisi: You're welcome, honey.

You and me, both, Rosie. And yes, babies and kitties are the best.

Hat, re: things that never happen: see, this is why I'm something of a Pollyanna in regards to matters political. I've seen enough cycles to know that these things do indeed happen. The bad guys almost always end up hoist, one way or another, on their own petard.

And a little Congressional oversight, however tepid some of us may have thought it to be, is never a bad thing.

Iwanski, I think they invented that phrase for Al. And I'm going to give the Administration a 96% wretched. The kitchen staff are, in the main, quite decent folks, as is the bathroom attendentant...the one on the main floor.

JP: I really appreciate you managing to come by and say nothing just for the sake of saying it to say it. How supportive and fine you are.

August 28, 2007 6:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home