Friday, August 10, 2007

A Brief Update

The road craziness doesn't start until tonight so I actually got to the job site early this morning. Who knows what it will be like come Monday? Good news is that they're pretty flexible so depending on how things go I may even be able to change my hours to like 10-3 or something.

The job is going to be fine. It's a non-profit that acts as a resource for folks who are living with (or love people who are living with) mental illness. Fortunately, when I answer the phone I can refer the callers to someone in the outfit who knows what the frak they are talking about. My real task is to...wait for it...organize their office and systems. Gee. I think I can do that. I told the Boss Lady (I think I'll address Judy that way on Monday. It will probably freak her out.) that I'm going to use her as a reference for the new biz. The folks I'm working with all seem to be super nice and there's a little pub within walking distance that makes a rocking good southwest chicken salad. Judy bought me lunch today. That's how I know.

But most days I expect I'll be eating at my desk, trying to move through the mountains of mystery files and such that are crowding drawers and cupboards. Maybe systematize the computer folders. Like that. I can say that the 5 hours flew by. Lots to do.

The Child and The Dog were both very happy to see me when I got home and The Child had completed the first draft of her second book report, which meant that she didn't spend the entire time I was gone staring at the television.

So there you go. Thanks for all your well wishes and such. You really are just the nicest.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous opined...

I will comment and banter at you. hope traffic went ok on your 1st day of your little job. i would totally hire you to organize even our smallish apartment! i'm trying this menu-planning thing. i think my husband appreciates your influence. have a grand weekend!(and now i'm craving a chicago dog)

August 10, 2007 4:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Well I've said it before and I'll say it again: It's nice to be nice to the nice.

August 10, 2007 5:32 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Hey there Sadie Sadie Married Lady! I would totally let you hire me. I'll let you know as soon as I open a branch office in Wisconsin! So do you still get all giggly when you say "my husband" and stuff like that? Too cute you are!

Well, Hat, you should know from nice. (And I'll stop there. We'll let Lex fill in the blanks).

August 10, 2007 5:49 PM  
Blogger Molly opined...

this in no way refers to your blog:
I'M COMING TO YOUR HOUSE ON FRIDAY!!!!!
WOOOOO!!!
Maybe we'll be able to have a pre-movie chat about thigns of the world and you can help straighten my mind.

August 10, 2007 11:23 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Mols, I suspect that we will have plenty of time in the car inching our way back to Seattle for nice long head straightening chats. Although last time I checked yours didn't seem too off-kilter.

Oh, and we're thinking of a double feature...you know, watching #1 before #2 premieres. Cool? Cool.

August 11, 2007 8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home