Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Blowing Bubbles

Sunday was a ton of fun, hanging out with the the G-G Collective.

Pamelamama and I talked about our kids, of course. Specifically, the challenge of having them out in the world where everyone they meet isn't as wise and loving and accepting as we are, where they encounter values different than ours and how important it is that we are able to talk with our kids about all that. Not to mention the fact that we're supposed to raise them to fend for themselves, which raises the issue of finding balance between advocacy and interference.

She also watched The Child and I butt heads quite frequently, quietly observing that The Child and I are very much alike. Ya think?

It was a delightful afternoon of chatting and laughing and eating and kids playing and blowing things up. (The Child and S, the 8 year old, wanted to make a volcano. The Spouse shot popcorn out of a cannon for them, instead).

Little E, the 4 year old, and I had a great time in the early evening, blowing bubbles. He had a whole mess of wands and pipes and a huge jug o' "bubble juice". We tested the wands, to see which made the most bubbles, the tiniest bubbles or the biggest bubbles. We chased bubbles. We watched to see how high our bubbles would go before they popped. We blew bubbles at a spider.

It was the most fun. I'd forgotten how much I love to blow bubbles. It's the most soothing, nearly zen thing to do. I mentioned that I was going to have to get some bubble stuff for myself and Little E, with some gentle prodding from Pamelamama, chose 3 wands for me to keep and gave me a jar of bubble juice. Now I can blow bubbles every day. And I do.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown opined...

Nice! I love blowing bubbles. One of the perqs of having grandkids is they do that a lot, so I get reminded all the time how fun it is.

August 08, 2007 10:41 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

I think I want to beome a bubble artist.

August 08, 2007 10:48 AM  
Blogger Unknown opined...

I read that and thought immediately of burlesque for some reason... I'm warped. I could just imagine you up on stage, all covered in bubbles and not much else...LOL. Bubble artist. Giggle.

August 08, 2007 3:49 PM  
Blogger Pamelamama opined...

Burlesque Bubble Artist. Hee hee.

August 08, 2007 11:00 PM  
Blogger Pamelamama opined...

Oh and I am grateful that you said I "gently" pointed out the similarities... I was worried you might think I was being know-it-all-ish. You know how I hate to be know-it-all-ish. Sorta. Doh.

August 08, 2007 11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home