Wednesday, May 30, 2007

A Tribute

The Chicago end of Blogtopia is all a dither today, what with the celebration of one of their highest feasts, the birthday of Miss Healthypants. Her loving husband & best poodle have offered their tributes, mostly because they've had several hours already to do so. But now it is time for the West Coast to acknowledge this auspicious occasion.


I myself am not yet personally acquainted with the inestimable MHP, although I did chat with her once on the phone. (She has a very lovely voice and was giggling). But she is well-loved by people whose judgement I trust and so am assured that she is worthy of any and all tributes.


But what to do? I get to meet her in July and am looking forward to that. I will be able to cook for her, which is the sort of thing I like doing for people I care about. But today is her birthday. Something should be done now. I could bake her a cake (a healthy sort of cake; applesauce, say), take a picture of it and "give" it to her via the internets. But that doesn't seem like quite enough for a woman of her calibre.


And then it hit me. The perfect gift.


MHP, thank you for coming into the world and making so many people happy. It is with great pleasure that I initiate you into the Exalted Order of Koihead. You wear it well. Happy birthday, sweetie!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Br. Jonathan opined...

If you bake her a cake, for god's sake, make sure it's MOIST!
MHP hates anything dry. Many waiters have been summoned due to dry food items.
Just so you know. . .

BTW - that is a lovely and touching tribute.

May 30, 2007 8:05 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

That's why I'm thinking applesauce, Jon. Can't dry out applesauce cake.

(And btw, I'm with her on the moist cake thing. What's the point, otherwise?)

May 30, 2007 8:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

SWWWWEEET. My aunt inducted into koidom. also - when will you visit in july?

May 30, 2007 1:11 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Neice, I think she looks quite fetching, don't you? And the first week of July.

May 30, 2007 1:41 PM  
Blogger Iwanski opined...

She will like this very much.

You are kind.

May 30, 2007 3:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

I DO like it very much, Lorraine! *smiles* And I am highly honored to be inducted into the Exalted Order of Koihead!!!! *LOL*

Seriously, thanks a bunch. You are too kind!! And kudos to Jonathan for mentioning my hatred of food that's too dry...it's just a pet peeve of mine!! :)

Thanks again,

MHP :)

May 30, 2007 3:14 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

I hope so, Iwanski.

Oh! Look! She does! Yay!
Glad you like it, dear. And I pledge to not give you dry food. We will start with soup.

May 30, 2007 3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home