Friday, May 25, 2007

Friday Trivia

I just got an email from Netflix informing me that the miniseries of "Battlestar Galactica" is shipping today. That makes me happy. I'm so ready to watch it all again from the beginning. I may be alone in that and I'm ok with it.









Big plans this weekend. Sunday is Pentecost so we're gathering the usual suspects around the table for the traditional split pea soup made from the Easter ham bone. Yum. And Monday is the traditional "bring what you want to grill and we do the rest" Memorial Day BBQ. (Come by any time after 5 and BYOB).








A new poll out today says that 72% of Americans believe this country is headed in the wrong direction. Misery loves company.








The Spouse and I started watching "Hollywoodland" last night. We didn't finish it. I don't know if we're even going to bother. I guess we should. Plus it would be fun to write a review of a movie that, at for the first 90 minutes hasn't done much for me. Adrian Brody is hot, though.








Shout out to Chicago: I asked The Child to plan and cook dinner for tomorrow night. She leafed through her Rachael Ray 365 Meals cookbook for a bit then looked up and said, "I want Chicago dogs. We still have celery salt from Iwanskifest". Don't know where I'm going to get sport peppers but I thought that was cute.





By this weekend JP and I will have replaced our entire catalog at "Here's the 80s" with our own stock. For days and days and days now we've been downloading the videos (which means we now have them firmly in our own computerized possession) and then uploading them to Dailymotion, a YouTube-like site that's based out of France. This gives us a hedge against neanderthals like Viacom who haven't found a way to adapt their business model to the 21st century. Here's the thing: we posted our 2,000th video last weekend. It's been a Herculean task but we're almost done and that is very exciting.

We have a lot of fun over there. Too much fun, probably. We've created our own little virtual video club and even though hits are fairly low these days, new people come by all the time and it's cool. Plus, I totally love working with JP. He cracks me up every single day and you can't put a premium on that. And Sling is the best virtual bartender in the world. If you're not doing anything this weekend, you really should come by.




Have a good, safe weekend. Remember those who have given their lives in service of our country. You can start with the 3,486 who've died so far in Iraq.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Sling opined...

Ratz!..I was lookin' forward to Hollywoodland being a good flick.I guess I'll just wait for the final review.
Don't you just love this time of year with all the outdoor cooking and such?
We are starting our 3-day weekend with some Tri-tip.:)
I totally know what you mean about JP..He cracks me up everyday as well.
Hey!..That reminds me.
We're out of Absinthe.

May 25, 2007 7:32 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

I'll finish the movie just for you, Sling. I need the motivation.

Heart JP, heart you...wanting to fall into a bucket of money so I can buy a real club for us all. Or just keep us stocked in Absinthe. Sheesh. (Please tell me, btw, that you've seen Baz Luhrman's "Moulin Rouge" and know all about the Green Fairy).

May 25, 2007 10:15 PM  
Blogger Al In The County opined...

Congrats on the Here's The 80's project. I know you guys have worked very hard on that. And Chicago Dogs are yummy.

May 26, 2007 5:47 AM  
Blogger Red Seven opined...

Hollywoodland is on my Netflix queue ... I'll know after I read your review whether or not it'll stay there ...

May 26, 2007 7:01 PM  
Blogger Grish opined...

good idea with the vids..

May 26, 2007 10:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Yay, Iwanskifest! *smiles*

Thanks for the shout-out, Lorraine!

Love,

MHP in Chi-town :)

May 29, 2007 6:58 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

We're already looking forward to this years Iwanskifest, MHP!

May 29, 2007 8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home