Monday, May 28, 2007

The Spirit Moved

We wrapped up the Easter season with our Pentecost supper last night. The Spouse made his delicious split pea soup and some fabulously crusty French bread with just a hint of rosemary. There was chocolate cake for dessert.

I had nothing to do with any of it.

Which was kinda superfantastic because usually I'm much more involved and it was nice to just do as I pleased except to sweep and tidy and borrow napkins from The Neighbor.

Then, because it was the Sunday before a Monday holiday, we had karaoke. Yay!

It was a small group and we've all been singing together for years now. We all have our standards. But last night we decide to bust out of our comfort zone and try new material. Which was fun. Except that I learned something very interesting about myself. All those 80s songs that I love so well? Yeah. Turns out, I sing them a whole lot better when I'm singing along with the video and can let Patty or Suzanna take the lead. That way, when I don't actually know the words or the bridge or the key change it doesn't matter because they do.


I nailed "Cruel to be Kind", though. That was a comfort.













Turns out, Kina writes the songs that make the whole world sing.


















Ree doesn't like having her picture taken but she's the consumate DJ. She also has an intimidating pair of pipes. "Why didn't she try out for 'American Idol'?" asked the Neighb.

"Because no one in Seattle has talent, remember?" answered Moi.











The Spouse, rocking a little AC/DC.





















The Child doing "Step by Step". She's all about the New Kids on the Block these days.


























Jerry ramping up for a little air guitar. He does a wicked "Werewolves of London", btw.











Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band showed up.






















The Neighbor did a little "Moondance", to the delight of The Cat.




















The Dog wanted to sing "Who Let the Dogs Out", but it wasn't on the play list. So he pouted.













Now I must away to make potato salad, coleslaw, baked beans and chocolate trifle (I know, not a traditional "Memorial Day" sort of dessert but the bundt cake from last night won't come loose from its pan and that's what I do with recalcitrant cake.

Have a good Memorial Day, all. Remember, in the midst of your watermelon, those who have fallen.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne opined...

Looks like a fun evening was had by all!

May 30, 2007 9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home