Monday, December 11, 2006

So Stupid

Here's the truth. Things were less than ideal around the casa this weekend. No details required, just the stuff that happens sometimes when people forget to treat others as they would like to be treated. Everyone was guilty, no one was a hero. There you go.

I wasn't happy about the lack of bliss but I also know stuff happens. We get over ourselves eventually and everything starts spinning properly again. The Child, however, has yet to develop a long view. For her, everything is just about this moment. If things are good, they are great. If things are bad, they're awful. Which is why I had to spend the morning assuring her that her idiot parents aren't getting a divorce. They're just idiots.

She's fine now. She just called, very chipper, to ask if she could stay after school to work on a project for the holidays. I'm going to use the extra time to order a bulldozer and jettison 412 pounds of crap from her room, none of which she will miss.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous opined...

My husband and I were "discussing" not too long ago and our 3 year old asked, "Mama, but why don't you love Daddy anymore?"

Ouch.

December 11, 2006 10:29 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

I can't tell you how comforting that is, Dana.

December 11, 2006 10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

I've had those days. It does get better, as you know.. I feel your frustration. You gave me a good idea for how to get my kids' rooms clean. Empty them. Have a nice Monday.

December 11, 2006 10:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Screw the bulldozer. Let's get a big catapult and try to hit people several blocks away. This should be fun, after all.

I'll bring wine.

December 11, 2006 11:17 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Elle, thanks for stopping by. And for understanding.

JP, Love. It. Oh, my gosh, I'll make hors de oeuvres. We'll crank up the 80s tunes...whoo hoo!!!!

December 11, 2006 11:45 AM  
Blogger jLow opined...

I guess "those days" happen to all of us. The Bear + 2 very tired parents = crying cranky chaos.

I was just telling the Hubby last night while I was rinsing out tiny Spidey underpants in a flushing toilet (don't ask), "How different is our life NOW?"

We just looked at each other and laughed and said, "I love you."

December 11, 2006 12:00 PM  
Blogger TWISI opined...

Evidently it doesn't get better, last night I was talking to my mother who has been married to my father for 54 years.

I can always tell when they are arguing. I asked what was wrong, her response. "It's the holidays!"

December 11, 2006 12:09 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Awww, sometimes the math does come out right.

December 11, 2006 12:09 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

It's does get, better. Kendall. It's just that people, sadly, are not perfect and so have the power to disappoint others. But it doesn't mean you don't come back out of it.

BTW, JP, the crab puffs are ready and dig this...I found a trebuchet in the garage. Get over here!

December 11, 2006 12:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

I agree that the cleanest room is an empty room.

As for the other...well I think It`s just inevitable...

Have a good day you guys...:)

December 11, 2006 2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home