Sunday, December 10, 2006

Rounding out the Weekend

I had this friend, TR. We sorta dated a little bit, lost touch, got back in touch and dated a little bit. We were always really good friends. The kind of friends who make the deal that if we haven't found anyone else by the time we were x number of years, we'd get married. And we would have. Turns out, we both found other people...he got married about 6 months before The Spouse and I did. Bears noting, because he was a great guy. We lost touch again during everyone's newlywed phase but if we ever reconnect it will be like no time has passed. He's one of the good ones.

He and I used to play a game called "DJ". We'd take turns playing cuts off of albums (yes, kids...this was long, long ago), riffing off each other's selections. One song would feed into the other, themes would be developed and then abandoned with defiant, bold choices...we could literally play this game for hours.

Sometimes these weekends feel like I'm playing that game again. One song reminds me of another (if you can believe it, I got to Scandal via Roxette). Someone "calls in" a request and it gives me a ton of ideas. I've already started the list for next week. (JP, it is a sickness).

Soooo, I got an email from Dana in NY (Grace in the City over there on the right, btw...very nice read, imo) with a suggestion. It gave me pause. But after I vetted the video I totally got it. This selection pulls all this weekend's themes together nigh unto perfectly. It's not hair metal, but there is a lot of hair. There is "rap-like" material (which we will not even attempt to call rap in deference to Mr. Iwanski and his well-reasoned case for the genre, which can be found in the comments section from yesterday). It's even a little gay. But more profoundly, this video completely violates my "video must be in sync" rule. But it's ok in this context. Kids, if this doesn't hand you a laugh, ain't nothin' will.

Thanks for playing.

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Okay, at first I thought this was a comedy remake of their original video because they kept wiping their noses in the beginning and having to pull their wig weaves out of their faces. Seriously, go watch it again. Frakkin' hilarious.

And your comment about being out of sync? 10 times funnier when you remember back to what they are most noted for.

December 10, 2006 5:30 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

I know...the whole nose wiping/hair thing was cracking me up.

Dana actually thought maybe it was just out of sync on her computer because she has dial-up or something but I've got high speed and it was still like that. And it mad me laugh my butt off. Milli Vanilli....of COURSE they were out of sync! Priceless.

December 10, 2006 5:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Now, why didn't The Nose Wipe didn't catch on as the latest and greatest dance move of the late 80's/early 90's? It's priceless.
And oh, so easy to learn!

December 10, 2006 6:04 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Why, a toddler could do it!

December 10, 2006 6:24 PM  
Blogger HORIZON opined...

What is the 80's without hair-lol
Enjoying much Lorraine- brings back the memories.
Bests :)

December 11, 2006 5:13 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

So true, Horizon. Glad you're enjoying it.

December 11, 2006 6:53 AM  
Blogger jLow opined...

eewwwwww - did that one dude (Vanilli, I think) just swipe boogers across the back of his hand?!!?!!?!

thanks for the laffs!

December 11, 2006 7:24 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Wasn't that just the coolest move, ever? No? Hardee har har!

December 11, 2006 7:28 AM  
Blogger Iwanski opined...

I like the way they feel the need to repeatedly high-five each other, as if they had accomplished something.

December 11, 2006 5:17 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Yeah, I guess it's a good thing they had each other for affirmation.

December 11, 2006 5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home