Thursday, December 21, 2006

Some Other Things

Here are some pieces of information that have absolutely nothing to do with the Big Blow of '06, which frankly, I suspect you're filled to the teeth with anyway.

The first and most obvious is that I made The Switch. Hello, No Longer Beta Blogger. Frankly, I didn't necessarily intend to do this today. Which is to say that when I pressed the button to switch I expected to see the "you're too big, Fatty McFatterson...why don't you put that blog on a diet or something" message. But that wasn't what happened and without much to do at all it was buzzing toward a conversion. Except that because of my big blog it took about 60 minutes and I'm not kidding. And that made me very nervous because the longer it took the more I thought that it would just suck the blog into the void and I'd have to start all over again. Which seemed kind of cruel given that I'd already been without my blog for days and days.

But it obviously worked and here I am on the other side and so far, it's no big deal. Although JP is working on a new banner for me and that might be fun. But as for all the tooling and grooviness and interactive hooha that people like him and the rest of you geeks are all about, not so much. I'll leave the whizbangery to the likes of you.

The second and far more important thing: 16 years ago tonight The Spouse proposed and I said, "Are you serious?" and here we are. And while I was motivated to marry him for very sound reasons (his faith, his sense of humor, his love of good food, his general cuteness), I must say that I had no idea he'd turn out to be quite such a treasure. That was the best, "Ok" I ever uttered.

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Unknown opined...

Congratulations on both the move to the new Blogger AND the engagement anniversary. Mine was New Year's Eve 1981 - and it was an unofficial one - like "my New Year's resolution is to marry you this year".... so I didn't really get a chance to say "yes" or "no", just "oh really?" It all worked out pretty well, though. And there were fireworks being shot off of Pike's Peak when he said it, so that was cool.

December 21, 2006 4:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Congrats on 16 years of whizbangery.

December 21, 2006 4:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown opined...

And, well, Lorraine, you're not "officially" in the new blogger until you switch your template to a new template. THEN you'll see all the hoo-ha that some of us geeks have been all giddy over. :)

December 21, 2006 4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

You're joking on the "okay" thing, right?

December 21, 2006 5:04 PM  
Blogger Grish opined...

Lol, Funny. I was going to tell how our engagement went but after reading it I actually read it and then thought better of it. I think I'll save that one for a night of drunken blogging..:P

Oh I emailed you btw. Have a nice evening you guys!

December 21, 2006 5:18 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Thank you, Gina. I'm scared to move to the new template because it said I would lose stuff.

Thank you, too, Eva. Whizgangery and gimcrackery it has been.

Totally not, JP. The actual conversation went something like this:

Him: "If we get married...wait, will you married me?"

Moi: "Are you serious?"

Him: "Yes".

Moi: "Ok".

The event itself was romantic on any number of levels but the dialogue, not so much. And yet, we endure.

Grish, Have fun tonight and be careful out there. Checking the email now.

December 21, 2006 6:14 PM  
Blogger Red Seven opined...

Congrats on the anniversary of the proposal! And I'll be looking forward to the "new dress" that JP whips up for you.

December 21, 2006 8:57 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Thanks, R7. Me too, excited about the new dress, I mean. 'Cause you know, women do get weary, wearing the same shabby dress.

December 21, 2006 8:59 PM  
Blogger Sling opined...

Oh you're gonna have fun with the new blogger.I suspect you'll be knee deep in widgetry and slamdunkery before you know it.My proposal to my last ex was similar to your experience,
She:..I'm late.
Me:...Are you serious?..
Happy engagement anniversary :)

December 21, 2006 9:12 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

And it didn't last? Who'd a thunk...

December 21, 2006 9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home