Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Wednesday is My New Favorite Day

I used to not be so enamoured of Wednesday because it's "early dismissal" day. School lets out at 2, which meant leaving here at 1:45 and somehow that just seems way too early. My routine, more or less, is to spend the first few hours of the morning writing, break for lunch and then do house-y stuff and read or whatever until it's time to get The Child. 1:45 just rolls around way too soon most of the time.

But Wednesday is now my longest day of the week. The Child, as is required of all middle school students at St. G's, has to fulfill 30 service hours by the end of the year. This can be anything from groundskeeping to tutoring, all designed to instill some community spirit and volunterism in the little beggers. Which is a noble goal, btw. The Child has signed up to help with arts & crafts at the after-school program on Wednesday. She works until 5. It's awesome.






Speaking of pomegranates, Jon sent me a recipe for a raita of yoghurt, pomegrante kernals, mint and ginger. It sounded super fantastic so tonight I'm making lamb and potato samosas which I'll serve with aforementioned raita. I'm thinking, yum.



And for those of you who care, tonight is the finale of "Project Runway" and then The Neighbor and I have to find something else to do on Wednesday evenings.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger HORIZON opined...

Wedensday for me:
bins go out
shops all close for the afternoon, including the bank!
rubbish tv this night
what more can l say- lol

October 18, 2006 11:06 AM  
Blogger Br. Jonathan opined...

I'm so excited about your dinner tongight . . .

October 18, 2006 2:20 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Really? The shops close? What's that about? (We have rubbish on telly tonight as well, except for PR, which is why it will be so, so sad when it is over).

Jon, I just hope it is as yummy as it sounds because I've been thinking about it for days.

October 18, 2006 4:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

I don't even know what all that stuff is,and I'm thinkin' "yum"!

October 18, 2006 8:25 PM  
Blogger Grish opined...

I'm with Sling. Wednesdays for me is just the mid-week hump day. It means that it's half over...:P

October 19, 2006 12:40 AM  
Blogger Blogger opined...

Wednesdays are always when I'm at my most tired, for pretty obvious reasons, I guess: the week's already more than two days old, but the weekend still isn't close enough for excitement levels to be high.

That raita sounds superb, by the way. I wonder what it would be like with pomegranate molasses instead of kernels. Could be worth trying.

October 19, 2006 4:16 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Sling & Grish, Think little meat pies stuffed with lamb & veggies and seasoned with curry. The raita is the sauce to go with.

D: I loved the raita...I've never used pomegranate molasses but I would think it would work. The kernals made for a nice bit of crunch...kind of like the cucumber does in more traditional versions. Really nice flavors, especially with the lamb.

October 19, 2006 6:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home