Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Real Quick

I have to go vote in our primary before I go into the office because the first question everyone will ask is "Have you voted yet?" and I don't want to have to say, "I swear I will later".

Then I have to go into the office. Maria's campaign was discussed in the NY Times this morning. Mostly about why her race isn't anything like Joe Leiberman's. It's simple really. She is a Democrat.

I'm not a big fan of Whitney Houston's. In fact, I'm pretty sure the term "crack ho" was invented specifically for Ms. Houston. However, I am changing my tune now because she is a patriot and deserves our respect. What did you miss, you ask? Remember last month when it came out that Osama bin Laden had a thing for her? And now, all of a sudden she's "divorcing" Bobby Brown? I think not. Those two dysfunctional crackheads couldn't be more suited to each other. No, my friends, I believe this is all an elaborate ruse to smoke out bin Laden and I say, kuddos. Whitney Houston: Great American.

I am also not a big fan of Brad Pitt. This may have escaped your notice because, you know, I keep things like that pretty much to myself. And I still don't like him. But I can't help observing that he has done for single men what 6 generations of Playboy could not. He has given every single man the best, most politically correct and inarguable excuse to not commit. "I'll get married when everyone in America who wants to is allowed to legally wed". Dude.

I watched "Studio 60 on Sunset Strip" last night. I liked it. I liked it just fine. Yes, I did.

Finally, and certainly, most importantly, the second half of the second season of "Battlestar Gallactica" is out on DVD today. I have been waiting for this moment for 2 months. The Spouse is supposed to look for it at the warehouse this morning and if they don't have it he is calling me so I can quest for it. Because we are so watching it tonight. The 3rd season starts October 6. There's no time to waste. I am so excited.

I must away to perform my civic duty. Later today I will tell you all about The Spouse's new suit.

11 Comments:

Blogger TWISI opined...

Could bin Laden be any worse than Bobby Brown?

As for Brad, I wasn't very happy with him when he dumped Jen, but really all he has to do is remove his shirt and for some reason I forget about being mad at him.

September 19, 2006 9:50 AM  
Blogger Br. Jonathan opined...

I agree with you on Brad Pitt. That stunt was just another example of Hollywood stars taking themselves wayyyy to seriously.

September 19, 2006 11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Wonder why Brad wasn't this concerned about marriage when he was cheating on his wife.

Plus, Charlize Theron pretty much said the exact same thing 2 years ago. Brad isn't even original.

September 19, 2006 2:16 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Yeah, and I'll bet even Kendall would agree, at least theoretically, that Charlieze looks just as good with her shirt off as Pitt does. He's a jerk.

September 19, 2006 2:19 PM  
Blogger Iwanski opined...

Good work on the civic duty.

I hear the GOP thinks they can knock Maria out of the Senate.

I hope she fights like hell.

September 19, 2006 9:00 PM  
Blogger Grish opined...

Soo Looking forward to BSG...

September 20, 2006 1:01 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Iwanski, Maria's race has been a priority for the GOP and I'm surprised that it hasn't gotten uglier. Although it's early yet and Rove was just in town.

She's been a good senator and a lot of people know that. Plus the guy running against her is an idiot. Hopefully the distinction between "good, effective Senator" versus "lying GOP lapdog" will continue to be mad clear now that the primary is over.

September 20, 2006 6:46 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Grish, I know, I know! And I'm looking forward to getting caught up so that you and JP can speak freely of those things which you must not yet speak because we know not of what you speak.

September 20, 2006 6:47 AM  
Blogger Mary opined...

Despise Pitt and I'll throw in a Cruise (Tom that is). You are so clever and amusing.

September 20, 2006 10:37 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Mary, I'll see your Cruise and raise you an Angelina and a Katie.

September 20, 2006 11:09 AM  
Blogger Unknown opined...

I just figured it was Angelina pulling a Charlie McCarthy with Brad. It sounds way more like an Angelina comment than a Brad one. I'm so tired of movie stars behaving as if their position on an issue - whether it's the war, gay marriage, or the price of tea in China - is pertinent and important. Who gives a rat's behind what they think more than anyone else? They're just people who make an obscene amount of money for doing their job...oh, don't get me started. Brad Pitt is a terrible actor, and when he left Jen for Angie, well, he became a terrible husband too. Par for the Hollywood course.

September 20, 2006 11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home