Friday, September 15, 2006

No School

Random Thoughts

There is some sort of Archdiocesan teacher inservice today so The Child and I got to sleep in, in anticipation of our big Cheetahlicious evening tonight.

Meanwhile, I have to toss out my bagged spinach because apparently there's been an e coli outbreak in this region. Nasty.

I am going to Ikea in a bit to get votives and tea lights for The Bride. They are for the reception and I offered to take something off her list. The challenge will be to focus on the tea lights and not decide to wander through the entire store "just for fun". To go there and merely buy candles will set a new personal low for Ikea expenditures. Come to think of it, as I'm being reimbursed then technically I'm shopping at Ikea and not spending any money at all. Cool.

We're out of tinned cat food. Man, is she ticked about that.

The Spouse is working on his movie again this weekend so it's another "girls only" couple of days. We're going out to dinner tonght. Yum.

The Dog is howling at some unseen phantom.

In the comments section of yesterday's post both Gina and Jlow shared memories of their parents dancing together. Note to Self: dance more with The Spouse. The Child is watching.

Not So Random

Would you like to have the rundown of my/our schedule for the next week? 'Course you would.

Friday: Ikea trip, eye doctor follow-up, dinner and concert with The Child

Saturday: Visit from Sharon the Great (The Spouse's aunt)

Sunday: Noon mass, indoctrinate kiddies at the Children's liturgy (thorny text, should be fun)

Monday: Child has volleyball practise. This is the sanest day of the week. I plan to enjoy it.

Tuesday: Volunteer at Maria's. Take The Spouse to get a suit for The Wedding because what he has is a) older than our marriage and 2) not an actual suit and besides) he has lost weight and deserves to look as hot as he is and not to mention) he's an usher. Also, Season 2.5 of Battlestar Gallactica comes out on DVD and it will be part of my day's quest to find and purchase it because the season premiere is like, October 9 and I just can't worry about getting the DVD in time from Netflix.

Wednesday: Potluck and Curriculum night at school (mandatory and I'd go even if it weren't).

Update: Per The Neighbor's comment: the second to last episode of Project Runway will be viewed when I get home. Sheesh. How could I forget that?

Thursday: Parent Association meeting in the a.m. followed by a visit to the printer of our school calendar. The Child has choir practise in the afternoon and, oh, yeah, it's The Spouse's and my anniversary. Champagne will be involved.

Friday: Wedding rehearsal and rehearsal dinner

Saturday: In the a.m. The Child and I are going to get our hair done. We have to be at the chapel at like, 2pm or something. (Don't worry, Bride, we have the timeline and will be there when we're supposed to be). The Wedding is at 5, followed by the reception until all hours.

Sunday: Believe it or not, The Child and The Spouse are running in the school jog-a-thon and I'm slinging hot dogs with the Parent Association.

And you know what? I plan on enjoying every minute of it. This is going to be a crazy week but for all the right reasons.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Unknown opined...

So, four things:
1) the spinach debacle... I am so ticked off. I live on that stuff.
2) tinned cat food deficit... my cat would drag food off my plate in retaliation if that happened. Come to think of it, that has happened and she has done that.
3) parents dancing together... I expect the hits on my blog to increase dramatically now, thanks to the link in your post! THANK YOU! Oh, and yeah, dance in front of The Child. It used to make me get all weepy when they did that. I thought it was so cool to watch them.
4) crazy week... it kind of sounds fun in its busy-ness! Now, go shope your brains out at IKEA, you lucky dog, you!

September 15, 2006 10:29 AM  
Blogger Br. Jonathan opined...

As part of your schedule, you left out "post many pics of me in The Dress and shoes."
Many congrats on the anniversary.
What kind of champagne will be involved?

September 15, 2006 10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

I wish we had an IKEA here. Maybe it's good that we don't.

BSG!!! I can't wait for you to see it.

Enjoy the Cheetos, or whatever they are.

September 15, 2006 10:40 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Gina, Spinach, grrr. I buy the bagged stuff precisely because I hate washing spinach and this happens. And I'm sure it's not that big a deal and the recall is the smart thing to do blah blah blah but sheesh.

Our Cat just stands and meows in a really grating voice. Way more irritating than just snagging some food for herself.

(You're welcome).

Off to Ikea right now. Need anything? Some frozen Swedish meatballs and lingonberry sauce perhaps?

September 15, 2006 10:44 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Jon, Veuve Cliquot, of course, the bubbles of champions.

And yes, I'll post the bloody pictures.

JP: Me too, me too, me too! And the Cheetohs and the other little girl will be fine, I'm sure. If nothing else I'll groove on The Child grooving on them. Now I want a salty, cheesy snack. Bastard.

September 15, 2006 10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

You, The Child and The Spouse are going to look fan-fracking-tastic in your wedding party garb. Can't wait to see you next Friday for the rehearsal, can't wait to complement you all on your utter gorgeousness. Tee hee! I'm getting butterflies in my tummy...

THANKS for doing the IKEA run for me. You rock the house!!

~The Bride

September 15, 2006 10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Dear Miss Forgetty-Pants,

May I remind you that on Wednesday night next week we have the next-to-last episode of Project Runway to watch?

I know, I really need a life.

xo nayb

September 15, 2006 11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

lorraine! i love you more now that i know you are a project runway addict like me.
how awesome was kayne? not my favorite designer, but absolutely my favorite person on that show!!!!!!!
yay!
Have a very nice weekend!
(mmmm had Veuve Cliquot a couple weeks ago)

September 15, 2006 2:44 PM  
Blogger Iwanski opined...

Oh my god that's a lot of stuff.

Bless you.

September 15, 2006 3:31 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Ah, Iwanski's neice...now I know who you are! Yes, PR is an addiction here in our little corner of the world and I just wish I could gather all my blog buddies together for the finale.

Got the Orange Widow today and she's already chillin'. Can't wait.

Iwanski, Thanks for the support. At least I don't have gout.

September 15, 2006 3:50 PM  
Blogger Grish opined...

I hear good things about Ikea. Never seen one myself. :)

September 16, 2006 4:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home