Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Busy, Busy, Busy

The languid nature of our summer thus far has made me just a wee bit pudding-like. Haven't had much of a schedule, haven't had much to do beyond the essentials that must be done (such as keeping clean clothes in the house and feeding people). Consequently, today will present a challenge as I will actually have to be "on it". For example, within the next 30 minutes I have to rouse The Child, feed her oatmeal, make her a sack lunch and dress myself for the office. Then I have to take her to choir camp and myself down to Maria's for a couple hours of envelope stuffing.

When I get home I need to ready a guest bed and prep dinner because my precious neice Molly is coming to visit for a few days and I'm leaving at 6pm to pick her up. Which means dinner needs to be ready to go when we get home so we can sit in front of the TV and eat some kind of Mexican pork thing and tortillas while watching reruns of "Gilmore girls". (During the regular season, Molly and I talk on the phone after the show. I'm so excited to be able to watch it with her. It's one of our "things").

So I don't have time to bloggety blog at the moment but I'll try to come up with something for later in the day.

Meanwhile, it should be noted that I had been thinking about yesterday's post for a while before the incident of the weekend prompted me to finally write it. But last night I remember one of the characteristics of The Spouse that I felt important to note and I forgot all about it until last night when we were watching the hummingbirds. And that is, that he regularly makes sugar water to lure aforementioned birds into our garden. And I think that is cute.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Eric opined...

My motives are less then pure however. Ever since I used to watch I dream of Jeannie I have always wanted to dine on Hummingbird tongue. Soon very soon a bit of valium in the sugar water and Hummingbird tongue will be mine

August 08, 2006 9:01 AM  
Blogger Grish opined...

hmmm ... Hummingbird tongue...(smacks lips)

August 08, 2006 10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home