Wednesday, August 02, 2006

I've Got Nothing

I'm trying a new experiment wherein rather than making a Things To Do list I'm keeping track of Things Done. This makes me feel very accomplished.


Here's another picture of Bill Clinton because yesterday Blogger only allowed me to upload 3. That is, apparently, it's limit.















And speaking of limits, apparently Mel Gibson has issued a second apology for the anti-Semitic tirade he unleashed when pulled over for DUI. This time he actually apologizes to Jews. And I think that is dandy but he really needs some therapy.

Ralph Waldo Emerson may have believed that "consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" but I wouldn't be able to function if I didn't have certain daily and weekly routines. (Or as The Neighbor and I are calling them, liturgies, because routine sounds so boring but we both like liturgy). Although I haven't been at all liturgical about gardening. However, after looking at the photos of Horizon's garden I have decided that rather than start an international incident over my jealousy of her gorgeous beds and borders I will just try to do what I can to improve my little bit of land. It'll never be in House and Garden but it could look like someone gave a rat's behind.

And here's what we're having for dinner tonight.

Provencal Stuffed Peppers

1 ½ pounds sweet Italian sausages, casings removed
1 ½ c. coarsely grated zucchini (about 1 large)
½ c. finely chopped red onion
1/3 c. minced fresh parsley
¼ c. fine dry breadcrumbs
1 large egg
1 t. ground black pepper
¾ t. salt
½ t. minced fresh rosemary
4 medium-size red bell peppers, halved lengthwise, seeded

Fresh rosemary sprigs for garnish

Preheat oven to 350 F. Mix first 9 ingredients in a large bowl until well blended. Fill pepper halves with sausage mixture, dividing equally and mounding slightly. Arrange in 13x9x2 inch baking dish. (Can be made one day ahead, covered and chilled).

Bake peppers, uncovered, until tops are browned and thermometer inserted into filling registers 165 degrees, about 1 hour. Transfer peppers to platter. Garnish with rosemary and serve.


Now I'm going to go yank some mint out of my rose garden and then I'm in the mood to tidy out some cupboards.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Eric opined...

ROSEMARY!!!?????

Are you Insane? Do you think Money grows on Trees?

August 02, 2006 11:28 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

BREAD CRUMBS??????!!!!!!

Who do I think I am? Ivana Trump?

August 02, 2006 2:03 PM  
Blogger Otilia opined...

I will be making a food post shortly. More than the red peppers will be roasted.

August 02, 2006 4:49 PM  
Blogger Sling opined...

CASINGS REMOVED FROM THE ITALIAN SAUSAGE??...(sigh)...I just wanted to get involved.

August 02, 2006 5:56 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Edy, Can't wait.

Sling, WHAT ARE YOU KIDDING ME? (Thank you for playing. That was fun).

August 02, 2006 7:36 PM  
Blogger Grish opined...

Why Are We yelling???!!! hehe

August 02, 2006 9:56 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Grish, WHAT??????

August 02, 2006 11:13 PM  
Blogger Bad Alice opined...

This has inspired me to rename my non-existent routines "liturgy" in the hopes of actually manifesting them.

I love the way rosemary smells. It used to grow everywhere--even by the roadside--in Phoenix.

August 03, 2006 6:57 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Glenda, Thanks. Amy over to "Assembly of Divine Realities" is my Annie Lebowitz. And it's rather groundbreaking...when was the last time a 48 year old housewife was featured on the cover of Vanity Fair? That Amy. She's got the connections.

Bad Alice, Whatever works, right? I love rosemary, too. As does The Dog, who likes to snuffle in our bush and then comes out smelling very handsome indeed.

August 03, 2006 8:06 AM  
Blogger Molly opined...

MINT?!?! You're a crazy lady!!

I don't know- everybody had some outburst about and herb or vegetable so I wanted to be in on the party.
"(Or as The Neighbor and I are calling them, liturgies, because routine sounds so boring but we both like liturgy)." This line is genius and I love it.

August 03, 2006 10:35 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Molly, Glad you played but remember but just remember that if we all jump off a bridge you are not to follow.

And thank you. I kinda liked that line, too.

August 03, 2006 11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home