Thursday, August 10, 2006

"And There was No Blog, and No Blog and Still No Blog"

This was The Spouse's lament when he came home last night. By then I had, in fact, managed to post but too late for him to have seen it. And it was amusing to me because the "gotta blog" thought persistently cycled through my mind all day. I thought of The Neighbor, who only a few days ago said something about not knowing what she'd do if she didn't have my blog for a little mid-work-day entertainment.

I had actually written most of the post before getting The Child off to choir camp. It just needed some tweaking before publishing. I sat down to it and Molly got up. And Molly and I started talking. And at 11:30 we went to Mass to hear The Child's choir. And then, because we were downtown, we went for lunch and I bought a shower gift for a friend and then we found the most super fantastic dress shop that I'd never been in before (Bebe) but now I need to fall into a bucket of money so I can go back in there and say, "I'll have one of everything, please". Plus I found what I think is in serious contention for my Mother-of-the-Junior Bridesmaid ensemble for the wedding in September, which made me dizzy with joy. And then we poked around some more shops until I realized that it was nearly time to fetch The Child so we went to Starbucks and I got some mint tea because my tummy, accustomed as it is becoming to healthful food choices, was rebelling at the very delicious but uncharacteristic hamburger I'd had for lunch and Molly and I sat outside the cathedral waiting for The Child until a yellow jacket landed on my thumb and I threw my mint tea all over my neice in a flailing effort not to be stung.

So I was a little late getting the editorial work done. It won't happen again.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Oooh, shower gift! Double-oooh, a potential MOJBM dress! Do tell, do tell...

Glad you're back. I, too, miss my mid-work day reading breaks courtesy of your fab blog.

~B2B B3
["bride to be BBB" aren't I clever?]

August 10, 2006 10:43 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

B2B B3, You're too street for me. And what makes you think the shower gift is for you? (OK, sure it is). And the outfit...Lordy. I'll send you a link.

Charlie, Double pft.

August 10, 2006 11:28 AM  
Blogger Grish opined...

I can honestly say I know where they are coming from. Your like my number 2 stop, right behind e-mail. :P

August 11, 2006 12:03 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Aw, Grish, that's sweet. I'm glad you keep coming around.

August 11, 2006 7:15 AM  
Blogger Molly opined...

Your near death experience was hilarious! I am glad however that you did not die.

August 12, 2006 5:19 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Very generous words, Molly, from someone who took a cup of mint tea for her spastic auntie.

August 12, 2006 5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home