Monday, May 08, 2006

Progress Report

Ok, turns out that Environmental Camp isn't next week, it's the week after. But there still isn't any homework to speak of this week so I remain happy.

I cleaned out 1 and 1/2 potagers today. 1 and 1/2 to go.

I'm out of laundry detergent.

My email isn't working again today. Man! I hate that.

Remember the big writing project The Child had on Egypt? Turns out it counted for a third of her grade in both Writing and Social Studies. She got an A+ on both counts plus a "No Missing Assignments" reward. So I guess cattle prods and threats of being grounded for the foreseeable future do have their place in child-rearing.

I am very proud of her but the cutest thing is how proud she is of herself: "Mom, I have got so much stuff to put in the Box of Academic Achievement", she said, right before she asked if she could have her ice cream cone reward today instead of Friday. She could. Two scoops.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous opined...

This is not a comment about any of the wise or witty statements. It is only this: I do enjoy seeing photos of The Adorable Child.

May 08, 2006 7:26 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Yeah, she's pretty cute.

May 08, 2006 8:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Okay, okay, as a highly placed cleric I don't get out in the garden much, so what's a potager? I would have guessed (as I am a French cardinal) that it was a soup pot, but clearly turning them over outdoors doesn't scan. Guess I'll have to put one great big kneepad over my rochet and go out and see what's up.

May 09, 2006 8:56 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Charlie, And coming from someone who appears to have successfully shepherded two talented lads out into the world, that means a LOT.

Cardinal, my dear, a potager is a kitchen garden. Silly cleric. Been at the sacramental wine again, have we?

May 09, 2006 9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home