Monday, May 08, 2006

Monday Report


1). The party on Saturday was fun and I understood everything that was said to me. The Spouse and I played pool. Back in the day I shot a pretty mean game. Safe to say I've lost my edge but I won one game because he scratched on the 8. The party was held at a place called The Garage which, in another life, obviously was. One side was a pool hall with maybe 15 tables. On the other side was a bowling alley. The two spaces were separated by an enclosed bar plus there's a kitchen that turns out basic pub grub. I'd go there again.

2). The Child is being subjected to a standardized test this week. Next week she goes to environmental camp for 4 days/3 nights. Do you know what that means? No homework! I suspect that I am more excited about this prospect than she is. Even when she's not dealing with something frightful (like grammar) I still have to, at the very least, play Homework Cop. I hate this job. Any chance for a reprieve makes me a very happy woman.

3). I am starting garden work in earnest this week. I was out there for about 30 minutes this morning, until my fingers froze solid. It's a sunny day but it was c-h-i-l-l-y. By Friday all the kitchen potagers will be turned and planted. Promise. I don't have to do it all in one day. (If I tried I'd give up and it wouldn't get done until June).

4). I haven't gone into Maria's to work the last few weeks because things have been slow but there's a big event with Bill Clinton on the agenda so there will be a lot to do in the next few weeks. Bill Clinton. Man, those were the days.

5). Did anyone else watch "Law and Order" last night and go "HUH?" at the very end? Looked like a seriously unfinished storyline to me and previews of the season finale next week didn't seem to have a lick to do with last night.

6). Also, now that we are down to the last "West Wing" I am seriously depressed by the cancellation of the series. The writing has been so good, they've opened up so many avenues for story-telling, I could really go for at least one more year so we can see how the Santos presidency goes. Plus, for the last 5 freaking years I have had the "West Wing" to comfort me when I can't handle what's really going on in Washington. What am I supposed to do for the next 900 plus days? Get the DVDs I guess.

7). I'm really hungry. I'm going to have a salami sandwich with lettuce and tomato. Then maybe I'll go back out in the garden. The feeling has returned to my fingers.

2 Comments:

Blogger Display Name opined...

I DID watch L&O and agree with you whole heartedly. Worst.Episode.Ever.

May 08, 2006 12:42 PM  
Blogger Iwanski opined...

Cool!
I would give my right Timothy O'Toole to meet Bill Clinton.

May 08, 2006 2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home