Wednesday, May 03, 2006

All I Have to do is Dream


If you go to sleep thinking about a meeting with The Teacher there is a good chance that in your dreams you will completely understand predicate nominatives and predicate adjectives. Whether you will retain that knowledge when you wake up is another question.

Except for the grammatical breakthrough last night's sleep was peppered with desperate dreams in which The Family and I were continually struggling against obstacles. We had to climb a set of stairs that sprouted huge metal spikes. We had to hide from the cops because our volleyball license had expired but The Child still had one more game and we were hoping to get by without more paperwork. (We were finally caught and the Law completely understood and let us off. Probably how you know I was dreaming).

In the worst dream we were in a flying car, hovering over a lake. We weren't that far from shore when the gas ran out but the car dissolved in the water. We were in a lake but a very fast current carried us farther and farther from the shore. We were swimming valiently and The Spouse and I were managing to keep our heads above water. But every time I turned around The Child was farther behind us and struggling to stay up. And the current wouldn't let me get to her.

This is when The Spouse nudged me and told me I was having a bad dream.

No. I don't feel particularly well-rested. Thanks for asking.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Otilia opined...

i understand completely.

May 03, 2006 7:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Maybe it was the fish you ate for dinner last night? Thanks for the delicious sup-sup.

~BBBMaaartinez(K)

May 03, 2006 8:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

I dreamed that you and me were watching the season finale of Gilmore Girls, in the house I grew up in. There were other people there that I didn't recognize. You brought food. Rory was in a lighthouse. Lorelai and Sookie had umbrellas. That's all I remember.

May 03, 2006 9:36 AM  
Blogger Nicole opined...

I forgot to tell you that I do love your sun kissed face!

Hope meeting with Teacher goes very well.

May 03, 2006 9:44 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Edy, I knew you would.

BBB, Coulda been. That fish sucked.

jp, Much cooler dream. Did I bring brownies?

Nicole, Thanks. I love yours, too.

May 03, 2006 9:59 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Or cats. There were no cats.

May 03, 2006 11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

I beg to differ, that fish did not suck. But seafood sometimes begets strange dreams.

~BBBBBBBB

May 03, 2006 1:58 PM  
Blogger Grish opined...

What's it mean when you remember your dreams? Better yet, what's it mean when you dream your dreaming... what was I talking about again?

May 04, 2006 1:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home