Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Rise and Shine

There are a lot of issues that get people pretty het up these days. But the one that bothers me the most doesn't seem to get any attention from the right, left or center. The silence on this subject is deafening. And to me, offensive. Am I really the only person who thinks that there should be a constitutional amendment preventing school from starting before Labor Day?


The good news? Aside from the fact that Labor Day weekend involved copious amounts of sitting around? This year The Child is taking Zero Hour, an opportunity afforded upperclassmen to take an extra credit of something. That means she can't take the school bus in because she starts at 7am. So I have to drive her in. (Because public transportation would mean that she has to leave the house at, like, 5am and while I am, without question, the worst mother in the world, I'm not going to make her do that). But if she has to get up at 6am then that means I have to get up at 5am. Because mama just ain't happy if she doesn't get some time alone in the house. And staying happy is more important than sleeping in. Yes, I just wrote that.

"Good news?" you say. "How can getting up at 5am for anyone who isn't a farmer or commercial fisherman possibly be good news?"

Well, not only do I get my quiet time, without which I would quickly crumble to dust and blow away, but it means I get to the office at 7:30, a good 30 minutes before my tour starts. "At work a full 30 minutes before you have to be?" says you. "How can that POSSIBLY be good news? Why would you go to work when you don't have to? Who does that?"

Don't you see? Now I can blog from work just like all the cool kids! Who knows? Might even become a habit. Again.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Anne opined...

oh yay!
a blog to read again!
but I'm still waiting for last week's recap of PR.
Maybe you'll even get by my blog to visit.... I got a video up today!

September 07, 2010 9:12 AM  
Blogger Willym opined...

I hope so... you've been missed!

September 07, 2010 9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

When is the nap?

September 07, 2010 9:57 AM  
Blogger The Writer opined...

You are crazy, mornings are an evil thing.

September 07, 2010 10:51 AM  
Blogger Br. Jonathan opined...

My day would be MUCH brighter if you and JP blogged every day.
Just sayin' . . .

September 07, 2010 11:24 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Annie...don't know if I'm goin' keep recapping. Seriously over it. But not over you. And that's what counts, right?

Ah, my Wills. I love you. That is all.

Around 2pm. We call it "on a conference call". There's a sign for the door and everything.

Eddie! Shit!

Buck, have I told you lately that I love you?

September 07, 2010 10:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown opined...

Move to Idaho. School always starts AFTER Labor Day here. :-)

The getting up at 5AM part? You KNOW I've been getting up at 4:30 since forever. I did it to make The Spouse's lunch, coffee, and do other wifely chores before sending him off to work. But the real benefit was that, once he left at 6AM, I had the house to myself and didn't need to be at work until 10. Lots of DVR'd TV shows were watched during that time, lots of farming was done, lots of FB'ing, and at one time, lots of blogging. Now, I still get up at 4:30, but The Spouse is no longer driving an hour to work and back, so no more alone time. :-( BUT, we do go to the gym at that ungodly hour now, so in the long run, it's much better for me. Might even become a habit. Again. ;-)

I do miss my alone time, though, and will miss those DVR'd shows I'll no longer have time to watch. Le Sigh.

The Spouse is one of those people who can't function if he's not 30 minutes early to work every.single.day. Ugh.

September 17, 2010 12:49 PM  
Blogger Lakshya Dhillon opined...

happy new year 2017 wallpapers
new year 2017 sms
Happy New year Quotes 2017
Merry Christmas Facebook Status
Top 50 SMS for New Year 2017
Happy Lori 2017
Happy Holi Images
Cards and Greetings
new year wishes
MysteryTips.CoM
Watch Live
Valentines Day 2017 Ideas and Saying
CBSE Results
Happy New Year 2017 Images
www.besthappynewyear.com

January 18, 2016 2:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home