Friday, August 06, 2010

Right Here, Right Now

This is going to sound ever so cliche and you'll probably respond with a "geez, isn't this a lesson you shoulda learned by now?" but ever since Suzanne's passing I've really been trying to live more in the moment. Because moments, strung together, are all we get and we're not promised an infinite number of them. At least not in this life.

I'm trying to slow down. To leave less undone (because the thought of someone else having to wade through what I've left behind seems the height of cruelty). To look into the eyes of the people I love more often. To really taste my food.

Wouldn't it be swell if I could keep this up for a while? Like, the rest of my life?

Oh, and also, MAB and I went for our almost weekly manicure/pedicure after work last night and I got polka dots on my nails. They look way awesome. And having fun and giving a hang about what people might think about a 50 something woman with polka dots on her finger nails and toesies is a part of my personal credo that I've always done a pretty decent job of doing but now it's even more important.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mom opined...

Where is the like button on this thing?
I love those moments that stay with you and make for a lifetime of good memories - like dinner with friends on a lovely summer evening.

August 07, 2010 5:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

P, L, H & BTs

Thanks for the project runway recap, always a good idea to "be here now", and condolences on the death of your good friend.

Peace

:+}

August 07, 2010 10:06 PM  
Blogger Miss Healthypants opined...

Yes, 'tis very important to slow down and really live each moment.

August 09, 2010 8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home