Tuesday, March 02, 2010

I Statements

I am ever so grateful for the kind wishes of all y'all yesterday. My impending root canal will be next week. I have to take good medicine first. But I am already much improved and very much grateful to Alexander Fleming, the dude who first scraped mold off some bread and said, "This will make Rainey's tooth feel better".

I am, however, very tired today. And work was emotionally exhausting. Hardest part of the job is hugging a grieving, fresh made widow and saying "I'm so sorry for your loss". Because you really are but there's nothing else you can do to heal the pain and you have to just let them sob and hope that hugging them and letting them cry will somehow be, well, not enough but at least a help.

I would like to have a nickel for every time The Child slams a door, yells "Come on!" (and/or "You know what?) as a preface to some injustice being committed by her parents or says, "One second" when she doesn't have any intention of coming in 1 second or even 60 of them.

I suspect that there won't be much talk in the press about the special election that was won tonight by a Democrat. Because that will mess up most folks' punditry. I can guarantee there won't be a word of it on FAUX "News".

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Nicole opined...

FAUX News! Brilliant. Calling it that. I've been calling it *§^¤*# News, but I like yours much better.

March 02, 2010 11:30 PM  
Blogger Mom opined...

Hugging the grieving is important godly work.

March 03, 2010 7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home