Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ashes, Ashes

Ah, Lent. Permission to slow down, unplug, eat less, pray more....I need the formality of such edicts to do what it always makes sense to do.

This year I'll be praying for 2 friends on difficult journies and hope to enter in with them, to help share the load, to - as we Catholics like to say - be Christ to them. Because sometimes people need that.

For myself, I'm going to focus on being more, uh, focused. Perhaps "attentive" is the better word. Attentive to others, to the important things, making time to do what improves and stimulates me rather than just plugging into the mindless things that divert attention from doing. And I'm giving up sweets. Because I like to think that I'm not much of a sweetie person but I am and I'm still trying to get more svelte for all my big events in May, which now include The Child's confirmation and attending the Carole King/James Taylor concert with MAB. My trip to Omaha is officially firm and a'happenin', which delights me no end. A weekend in Omaha with JP is like going to a spa. Seriously.

So there you have it. I will be making an ash of myself later in the morning and then the season will officially begin. That makes me happy.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Your reservation at the spa has been confirmed. You'll be staying in the Lorraine suite.

February 18, 2010 9:38 AM  
Blogger sageweb opined...

I didnt make a comment here only because of pure jealousy...

February 18, 2010 10:39 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Whoo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I.Can't.Wait.

Sorry, Sage. I'd comment on your jealousy but I'm too busy doing my happy dance.

February 18, 2010 7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home