Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Dining In

The other day we were talking about the menu for the upcoming week and I said, "Oh, and by the way, you're cooking every other night this week". And The Spouse said, "Sure".

Because, you see, it's not that he doesn't want to cook or that he won't cook or that there's some tacit expectation that I'm supposed to do it all. But sometimes it seemed easier to just plan the menu and do the cooking and let it go at that. And sure, maybe he could have said, "Hey, you're doing all the cooking. That's not fair. Share the load". But I've learned, after 18 years of marriage, that if I want something I have only to ask for it. Dude's not a mind reader.

Of course, when he cooks it means that the process will involve lots of singing, dancing and inappropriate quotes from "South Park" but it's a small price to pay to have every other night "off".

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Julia opined...

And yum, the man can cook! You should keep him around for at least another 18 years, longer for good behavior, regardless of the South Park quotes.

February 24, 2010 10:27 PM  
Blogger Br. Jonathan opined...

I can just see hime dancing around the kitchen singing, "What Would Brian Boitano Do?"

February 25, 2010 5:39 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

I agree, Julia.

Buck, more like rock tunes whose lyrics are skewed to reflect whatever it is that he's cooking. But yeah.

February 25, 2010 6:18 AM  
Blogger Unknown opined...

Actually It was stir fry so I was making City Wok. Mor to the point city Pork, not the City Beef or the City Chicken

February 25, 2010 8:17 AM  
Blogger sageweb opined...

a cook and entertainer..you cant ask for any thing better in life...except peanut butter.

February 25, 2010 8:47 AM  
Blogger sfoofie opined...

I was just talking to my cousin about this whole marriage man/woman thing. I could sit here and stew all day long about something, but most time the guys just need us to express clearly what we are thinking. And then there is harmony. So true. Happy cookins!
(also: at one point I changed your blog to be on my google reader so I'm not sure if I dropped off your radar of 'faithful bloggy friends' since I didn't take the time to comment. but I will try to comment more so you know how much I still enjoy your blog!)

February 25, 2010 6:34 PM  
Blogger rosemary opined...

When I tell Steve it is his turn to cook he asks where I want to go; otherwise it is a can of something like petite peas.

February 26, 2010 10:31 AM  
Blogger Sling opined...

I'm still trying to process the concept of a woman who understands that men aren't mindreaders!..What's for dinner?

February 26, 2010 2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home