Saturday, February 13, 2010

Doldrums

This has been a weird week.

I didn't work out one single day (and now have to make a new Mii because you have no idea how snarky that Wii trainer can be if you miss even one day, let alone a week. I'm too fragile. I can't take it).

It was really super quiet at work all week.

I started the week finding out that a friend may have cancer and ended it finding out that another friend does have cancer. And they are both too young. Even though I'm sure it was caught early enough and they'll both be fine because the fact is, just about everyone, it seems, eventually ends up getting some damn cancer or another and most of them live to tell about it. In fact, of all the people known personally to me who have had a cancer diagnosis....I mean really close to me - only one didn't win. So that's pretty good odds, right?

Plus I've had a bunch of stuff I've wanted to write about but I couldn't muster the will. I guess I've been wandering in a bit of a miasma of something or other this week. Maybe it's just February.

8 Comments:

Blogger Barb opined...

I really hope your week next week is better ~ and that both of your friends come out ahead of that nasty monster!

February 13, 2010 10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

I don't know what a miasma is but mad props for not only knowing it but finding a way to work it into a blog post.

February 13, 2010 10:58 AM  
Blogger Sling opined...

I don't remember the source,but I've read that for every type of cancer,there is someone that has been cured..
Spring is just over the horizon!

February 13, 2010 11:46 AM  
Blogger Miss Healthypants opined...

I know whatcha mean, Rainey--I've been in the February doldrums, too. It's just hard to be inspired--to work out, to write, to do anything--when it's crappy cold February.

But chin up, my friend! Like Sling said, spring is just over the horizon!--and February is almost over. :)

And I hope & pray that both of your friends will be okay!!

February 15, 2010 7:40 PM  
Blogger rosemary opined...

Yup, it has been a dumpy week, dumpy month and so far a dumpy year.

February 16, 2010 3:36 PM  
Blogger yellowdoggranny opined...

the thing about cancer is they are finding so many cures for so many of them..and it's not the death sentence it used to be...

February 17, 2010 6:50 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

True that, YDG...it seems more and more that it's not a question of "if" but "when and what kind"? I'm hopeful for my friends. What other choice do I have?

February 17, 2010 7:10 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Oh, and btw, I love all of you.

February 17, 2010 7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home