Friday, October 02, 2009

What Happened Was This

It was a typical Thursday night. We ate dinner (steak with sherry-mushroom cream sauce, garlic smashed potatoes and green beans) and watched the Thursday NBC line-up. We chortled at "SNL", admired the general cuteness of Amy Poehler in "Parks & Recreation" and enjoyed "The Office" (which not one of the zanier episodes by any stretch it was subtle and amusing and I ♥ Steve Carrell). Then there was only 30 minutes to go before heading to The Neighbor's for "PR" but it turns out, I am not amused by "Community". I liked the first episode alright but I fell asleep halfway through it last week and this week I didn't even bother. I set my timer, curled up for a snooze and managed to not wake up until The Child walked in at 10:30 and said, "Aren't you missing 'Project Runway'"?

Which I was.

Thankfully, The Neighbor has a DVR so I will watch it after work tonight. (Or maybe Saturday morning...it depends on her schedule).

So those of you who care will still get your recap this weekend.

12 Comments:

Blogger Anne opined...

D'Oh!
The week I get it watched before you post is the week you don't get it watched before I post.

All I'm gonna say is tears were shed.

October 02, 2009 7:19 AM  
Blogger sageweb opined...

I agree about community..I want to like it..but it is blah.

October 02, 2009 8:40 AM  
Blogger Unknown opined...

Wait - YOU don't have a DVR? What's up with that?

October 02, 2009 8:41 AM  
Anonymous desertwind opined...

I care!

(You're always my third to copy & print out for my PR breakfast read -- after TBone's BPR liveblog on the night & Missy Schwartz's Friday morning review.)

We without TV depend on you. In the immortal words of Heidi: Chop-chop!

October 02, 2009 10:24 AM  
Blogger Nicole opined...

omg the child is old enough to be awake at 10.30 at night. When/how did that happen?

October 02, 2009 12:14 PM  
Blogger Al In The County opined...

OMG, what are we supposed to do until then? What? I mean Project Rungay can get us through the tough spot, but really, you have the best PR recap on all the intertubes.

But we're a patient people. Just hurry up...

October 02, 2009 2:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Ba Ha Ha Ha

PR may be the best of all reality TV as it uses real professionals working within their professions as both artists and entrepreneurs. Why it misses a yearly grammy would probalby explain why our media is held in such low esteem.

And no I don't feel guilty watching it. Its within the hippie part of being a flower child. Duh.

So where is my recap?

And my book?

Peace

:+}

October 02, 2009 8:12 PM  
Blogger Dtodd opined...

Its kind of a turning point in parenting when our kids stay up later than we do.

October 03, 2009 8:53 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Dammit, Anne.

Sage, right?

Gina...sometimes I feel like a Luddite.

Desertwind beneath my wings....I'm so sorry.

Nic, seriously.

Al...bale some hay and give me a minute.

October 03, 2009 11:27 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Anonyba...don't you have some mushrooms to hunt?

Dant...right? Or the whole leaving them-at-home-while-you-go-out-and they-are-all-by-themselves-and-you get-home-and-the-place-is-still- standing thing?

October 03, 2009 11:29 PM  
Blogger Al In The County opined...

I just wanted you to note that we're still being patient. Really, we are.

October 04, 2009 1:05 PM  
Blogger Sling opined...

What is taking so long?..sheesh.

October 04, 2009 1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home