Thursday, May 07, 2009

Just Wonderin' Some More

Did you ever wake up in the morning and you needed some aspirin because it suddenly appears that your neck no longer supports your head when you sleep so all night long you keep waking up to scrunch your pillows to get just the right ratio under your neck versus what is under your head so it doesn't feel like your neck is going to snap and then you think maybe those wooden pillow things that geishas use might be the ticket except you know it would never work because you don't really enjoy sleeping on your back that much although when you did last night it sorta solved the whole head-snapping-off-the-neck problem so then you think that even such a small thing like sleep positions are not immutable and that you're just evolving yet again?

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger Willym opined...

Been there.. done that.. have the beaten pillows to prove it! Is it part of the aging process do you think?

May 07, 2009 7:31 AM  
Blogger sageweb opined...

Wow I am out of breathe.

May 07, 2009 7:49 AM  
Blogger Sling opined...

You mean your neck isn't supposed to hurt every damm morning for the last 20 years?
This changes everything.

May 07, 2009 9:00 AM  
Anonymous Minogue opined...

That might be the longest sentence. Ever.

I found myself trying to read it in one breath too. In my head. To myself. I gasped when I got to the question mark.

May 07, 2009 9:09 AM  
Blogger rosemary opined...

Yup. Got one of those memory foam thingies for a not so small price....no help.

May 07, 2009 9:45 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Wills, you know I refuse to entertain that option.

Have some peanut butter, Sage.

Sorry to be the bearer of aching tidings, Sling.

It's somethin' I do, Minogue.

Rosie, I'm thinking one of those buckwheat pillows that people take on airplanes.

May 07, 2009 11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Ba Ha Ha Ha

Oh. I c. Not aging, evolving.

Hmmm, pays to be a writer in more ways than one. lol

Peace

:+}

May 07, 2009 3:31 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Anonyba...you get it.

May 07, 2009 10:23 PM  
Anonymous Syd opined...

A buckwheat pillow, especially in the shape of a neckroll (should they come in that shape) might work. I just hope you find the right solution soon, as more sentences like that will convince people that James Joyce has moved into your head.

May 08, 2009 12:25 PM  
Blogger Doralong opined...

Tempur-pedic pillow. Trust! My massage therapist gave me one a couple of years ago for the same vicious problem and it really works! I even stuff the sucker in my suitcase when I travel.

May 09, 2009 7:34 AM  
Blogger Miss Healthypants opined...

You make me laugh! :)

Oh, and yoga would be good for when you have a sore neck. :)

May 09, 2009 5:40 PM  
Blogger booda baby opined...

Happy happy Mother's Day to you, you most excellent of all mothers!!! (waaaait a second. That didn't sound as Hallmark Greeting Cheerful as much as motorcycle gangish). Hm. I meant the former. :)

May 10, 2009 2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home