Friday, May 01, 2009

No Baskets for You


Yesterday I reminded The Child that "tomorrow is May Day". She looked thoughtful.

"Are you going to take May baskets around?"

She looked thoughtful some more than turned to me and said, "I think I'd rather sleep in".

She's gotten too big for a tradition. That makes me sad.

Except my lilacs are blooming and it is a perfect May Day, with blossoms snowing through the air and birdsong coming in through the open kitchen door.

Let the frolic begin.





Vanessa Redgrave & the cast of "Camelot" "The Lusty Month of May"

(Isn't she impossibly beautiful?)

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Anne opined...

I did the may basket thing when I was a wee lass, but failed to pass that on the The Girl.

May 01, 2009 7:43 AM  
Blogger rosemary opined...

My daffodils opened today as a May gift. I might just have to try lilacs again....I mowed over the last one we had.

May 01, 2009 1:43 PM  
Blogger Sling opined...

Are those lyrics naughty?
Yes..I think they are.
She is most definitely,and quite impossibly beautiful!

May 01, 2009 7:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Ba Ha Ha Ha

Yay!!!

Happy May Day to U-3!!!

Peace

:+}

May 01, 2009 8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home