Monday, May 04, 2009

Assignment

I would like to try and experiment. You need to help.

I was just reading through a journal I forgot about. One summer The Child and I did a little thing where each day we'd pick a topic and write a little essay. It was a good exercise, for me at least. There is something excellent about having to come up with a few paragraphs on a set topic; stretched the old noodle and all that. Then it occurred to me that it might be fun if you gave me some essay themes. (Oh, man, remember that? Having to write "themes" in grade school?) I'm not looking for big, lofty things like "Sean Hannity is a disgrace to all thinking people" or "Was Elizabeth I really a man?" I'm going for your one or two word idea, here. Things like "pie" or "bees". It might be fun.

Please leave your ideas in the comment section. If I come up with anything decent I'll post it here.






This is going to be a wild week. MAB is at a conference in SF so I'm on my own. Last week was veryvery quiet. We were only a little over half full and went for days without any check ins. I got all my new additions up on the web site; that's how quiet it was. (Most weeks I'm lucky to update the wish list). I don't think it will be that quiet this week, more's the pity. On the plus side, I'll likely be logging some overtime, which I can spend for some days off over the summer. Because even if you totally love everything about your job you sometimes need a break.



Labels: , ,

16 Comments:

Blogger Bad Alice opined...

Dear Husband taught DramaQueen to say "Sean Hannity" whenever I said something that particularly annoyed her, because he knows how much I dislike him. He adores the guy. Ugh.

Speaking of Sean, here's a topic for an essay: Slime.

May 04, 2009 8:41 AM  
Blogger sageweb opined...

Beaver dams

May 04, 2009 8:57 AM  
Blogger Speck opined...

4 o'clock in the Morning
Life Without Coffee
Feline Transcendentalism
Brokeness
Mind Over Matter
Teenage Wasteland
The Definition of Time

Bonus Points:
Aztec Pottery Shard v. The History of Western Civilization: Compare and Contrast

May 04, 2009 9:48 AM  
Anonymous Syd opined...

Fashion v. style
Water
Clouds
The dark night of the soul
Joy (Hey, I'm all for equal time!)
Memory

I like Speck's idea about Feline Transcendentalism, too.

Oh, and Bees. And Pie. :)

May 04, 2009 10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

I don't really care what the topic of your essay is, provided that proper spacing and margins are used.

May 04, 2009 1:53 PM  
Blogger Mom opined...

faith

May 04, 2009 3:26 PM  
Blogger Caitlin opined...

211

May 04, 2009 3:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Ba Ha Ha Ha

Hmmmmmmm.

Mount Rainier

Gangster Republicans (or Republicans as gangsters which is like three words)

Peace

Love

Harmony

Beautiful thoughts

Broken computer

Peace

:+}

May 04, 2009 6:02 PM  
Blogger Miss Healthypants opined...

Toast

May 04, 2009 6:30 PM  
Blogger booda baby opined...

HaHAHA. Oh, Sage.

Rain. I bet you know a lot about it.

May 04, 2009 6:59 PM  
Blogger Sling opined...

Oh!..Write about Annette Funicello!
Extra credit if your work the word 'unbeknownst' into the essay.

May 04, 2009 8:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

hi,
u can refer to site www.essayauthors.com for assignment and essay help.

May 05, 2009 1:34 AM  
Blogger Anne opined...

This was an essay question from my first-quarter college history class:

Were the abolitionists nuts?

I had to repeat the class later.

Other topics:
green vs. orange
cats vs. hedgehogs
The Who vs. The Band
should they bring back home-ec in schools
filmstrips vs. Youtube

May 05, 2009 6:03 AM  
Blogger rosemary opined...

Jackson vs The Eagles
cat hair and its uses
dogs driving
losing friends
fear of popcorn ceilings
eggs
washing machines
Hoover vs: Dyson
women mechanics
bicycling backwards
cat nappers

and all of Speck's ideas

May 05, 2009 9:56 AM  
Blogger Grish opined...

Hmm, I just wrote "most of one" on my own version of a variant of Dependency Theory.

Wrote a short one on Cupid with my Son. :P

May 13, 2009 4:47 PM  
Blogger Blogger opined...

It's too late for me to play, isn't it? If not, how about:

- Timing

- A letter to my 16-year-old self

- The perfect chair

May 14, 2009 5:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home