Thursday, April 30, 2009

Status Update

  • The Spouse is going to his doctor today. He's too late to get the "I was the first case of swine flu in Washington" t-shirt but at least he's going to the doctor.

  • I don't have swine flu. Neither does The Child.

  • I totally neglected to mention that The Child got a really great hair cut last weekend. I finally convinced her. See, she really isn't much for the maintenance and the longer her hair got the more annoying it was that she didn't do anything with it. It was always a mess. Now she has a haircut that's supposed to look messy. Amazing that you can tell the difference between intentional messy and I-can't-be-bothered messy. But you can.

  • Our cat has slain her first rat. She threw it at The Spouse on Saturday...that's how we know. (Hey! Maybe he has rat flu!)

  • It's been really, really quiet at work this week. But that's ok because it's given me lots of time to work on the website. It's looking really good.

  • I'm going to go wash my hands. Again. Then I think I'll eat some bacon.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Br. Jonathan opined...

The Child's haircut is way cute. A photo of her should be sent to little "E" here in Chicago.
You know. To get the ball rolling.

April 30, 2009 7:16 AM  
Blogger sageweb opined...

Hope the husband feels better soon. Love the short hair.
I want bacon too.

April 30, 2009 7:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

Not usually a fan of the short hair but she's rockin' it.

April 30, 2009 8:21 AM  
Blogger Willym opined...

Do we get to see the new haircut?

Hope the Spouse starts feeling better - problem is now every time some one sneezes we all move 3 feet away.

And a nice slab o'suione sounds real good about now! Thank god they didn't call it Mexican Flu, the way Israel wanted or we wouldn't be able to eat tacos!

April 30, 2009 8:50 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Buck, I'm sure little E's parental unit has already blown up her pic and hung it on the wall. Right next to Miley Cyrus.

Me too, Sage. Because he was coughing like a son of a biscuit last night and I'm pretty sure he was aiming at my pillow.

She really is, JP. And it's one of those things where she knows she looks good and she's owning that, too. Nice to see.

Wills, look at yesterday's post.

And yeah, I'm pretty much just walking around saying "6 feet, please". Just in case. And I would hate to have to give up tacos for any reason!

April 30, 2009 11:15 AM  
Blogger Eric opined...

Turns out I do not afterall have swine flu.
I have Captain Trips.

April 30, 2009 11:52 AM  
Blogger rosemary opined...

OK....dolt rosemary wants to know what Captain Trips is (?bathroom issues).....I hope he was serious and he does not have that icky pig feet flu. I fought with long hair for years and years off and on....to much work. I love the new look....very sophisticated.

April 30, 2009 1:55 PM  
Anonymous S King opined...

Captain Trips...It is a reference to a book.

April 30, 2009 2:03 PM  
Blogger Sling opined...

I think it's the 'Audry Hepburn' gene that makes The Child so adorable with short hair.
I'm pleased that the Rainey household hasn't been entirely decimated with the Swine flu thing.

April 30, 2009 4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home