Thursday, May 21, 2009

Busybusybusy

I think I need to take tomorrow off.

"But wait," you say. "I'm paying taxes so you can have Monday off. Isn't a three day weekend good enough for you, you gold-bricking government hack?"

Normally, it would be. But the weekend isn't going to be a leisurely lie-around-and-do-nothing-except-grill-in-the-"summer" sort of three day weekend.

Saturday I'm going to some wine making thing with The Neighbor.
Sunday is Pentecost and we have the traditional spooning of the split pea soup made from the Easter ham bone, complete with guests and possibly karaoke.
PLUS, around 9pm on Sunday a cab will deliver Monica(!) from the train station.
Monday will be devoted to hanging with Mon and grilling up something for dinner.

There's no time for grocery shopping or making soup and cake and sanitizing a perch for Monica in that schedule. Never mind that my gardens are completely overgrown, winter junk is piled up everywhere and you can't see through the windows when the sun shines. Nope. I just don't see a way clear to managing without some extra time.

"You could not play ""Fallout 3" when you get home," says you.

"Are you mad?" exclaims me.

MAB kinda owes me. She's left me holding the bag quite a lot lately. First she was in SF for a week and yesterday she had the nerve to stay home sick. I think a day off is more than reasonable.

Hope I'm not the only one who thinks so.

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Br. Jonathan opined...

Is your split pea soup made from green or yellow split peas? It seems to be a regional preference and I just wanted to know where Seattle fell on the split pea spectrum.

Either way, I adore the stuff.

May 21, 2009 7:09 AM  
Anonymous Minogue opined...

I could be wrong seeing as I have no background in any sort of organized religion, but my calendar lists Pentecost as Sunday, May 31??? Is it a weeklong ritual that starts the Sunday prior? Again, I have no clue.

May 21, 2009 7:10 AM  
Blogger Grish opined...

You could always force the Child into child 'chore' labor using promises of .. whatever children want to do other than chores these days... lol

But seriously Not playing Fallout 3? No way!

May 21, 2009 3:14 PM  
Blogger rosemary opined...

What ever does not get done/cleaned or put away will still be there. Enjoy your 4 day weekend.

May 21, 2009 5:03 PM  
Blogger Sling opined...

Monica's coming over??
WOO-HOO!! :)
I think you should take tomorrow off!

May 21, 2009 5:40 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

That would be green, Buck.

Minogue, you are my favorite person in the whole world. You are absolutely right, I have rewritten the evite and I couldn't be happier. Still taking tomorrow off, though.

Grish, I knew you'd understand.

I know, Rosie. But I'm weird about wanting to make a good first impression.

Pretty cool, huh, Sling? I just hope she's not bored senseless. She's kinda way cool, you know.

May 21, 2009 6:53 PM  
Blogger Doralong opined...

Have fun and take loads of pictures!

May 22, 2009 6:06 AM  
Blogger sageweb opined...

Wow you get to see Monica that is crazy cool! I washed my windows the other day..they look worse ..I should hire a laid off banker to wash them.

May 22, 2009 8:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

You? Monica? Me: Jealous.

May 22, 2009 8:15 AM  
Blogger RedPoppy opined...

I'm really loving the way your mind analyzes your weekend options and non options!
xoxo Red Poppy

May 22, 2009 5:21 PM  
Blogger Traveling Matt opined...

SO MUCH FUN SO MUCH FUN SO MUCH FUN...

May 26, 2009 12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home