Friday, April 03, 2009

You Are My Destiny



Good heavens. You wouldn't believe the crap I had to go through to get this up here. You better demmed well like it and if you don't keep it to yourself. Sheesh.

(crumples paper, tosses it in wastebasket...it misses and falls into the litter on the floor...she puts a fresh sheet of paper in the typewriter and starts again)

Because I'm still waiting for it to come out on Netflix, I haven't yet seen "Slumdog Millionaire", even though everyone else has and it was Best Picture and everything. Yes, I'm sure it's very good.

Because I have standards, I never listen to anything called the "Pussycat Dolls" which are, as I understand it, one of those totally made up "groups" that come together through auditions and casting as opposed to the way you're supposed to do it.

But when I heard this song for the first time, at the drag show, I thought I was gonna plotz. I have the original, purely Hindi (?) version from the movie on my iPod but I have this, too. Because it just makes me want to dance around, eat some curry and then dance around some more.




Pussycat Dolls & A.R. Rahman "Jai Ho"

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Anne opined...

I haven't seen it yet, either!

April 03, 2009 7:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous opined...

I like this.

April 03, 2009 7:16 AM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

I like not being alone, Anne.

Knew you would, Poodle.

April 03, 2009 7:21 AM  
Blogger sageweb opined...

Oh I loved the movie, loved that song and video you put on this here blog too...I just downloaded the song from Itunes..if they had a recommended by...I would have put your name..and you might have gotten free toothpaste on your next visit.

April 03, 2009 7:36 AM  
Blogger Sling opined...

Hey!..My foot was tapping,and I was rocking back and forth in time with the music!
..I'll have to get that fixed.

April 03, 2009 10:31 AM  
Blogger Pamelamama opined...

I loved that song at the movie SO MUCH -- but I was 100% sure the lyrics were "Tally-Ho!" Imagine my surprise.

April 03, 2009 4:37 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

Sage, while I would very much have enjoyed free toothpaste on my next visit to iTunes it is enough for me that you have this on your Nano.

Probably just side effects due to a lack of nicotine, Sling. You'll get over it. Or used to it. Whichever.

April 03, 2009 8:03 PM  
Blogger Lorraine opined...

That's ok, Pamelamama...I'm famous for having once thought a certain Creedance lyric referred to a "bathrooom on the right".

April 03, 2009 9:38 PM  
Blogger Mom opined...

I was a great movie. This song made it even better.

April 04, 2009 9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home