Thursday, April 16, 2009

A Literary Moment

I just realized that last year was the 10th anniversary of Harry Potter and the Socerer's Stone...the book, not the movie. Which means, since I was under a rock last spring, that said book has been out in the world now for 11 years.

It just doesn't seem that long ago...until I remember the little 5 year old who snuggled next to me as I read it to her....until I remember that it was 3rd grade when she made the world's most amazing diorama of the same book, by which time the first movie had been released.

And say what you will, the Harry Potter books were the first things that made my dyslexic kid care about reading to herself. For that I will always bless the name of JK Rowling.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger sageweb opined...

wow 11 years, it doesnt seem that long. I just touched a british version of the 1st book..Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone. It was a first edition and worth a lot of money. I want it.

April 16, 2009 7:33 AM  
Blogger Anne opined...

July 15.

April 16, 2009 12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home